water temp

dsstasz

My daughter and I will be in Nassau in 2 wks. We planned on doing Stuart Coves excursion. You go down about 15 feet in the water. Will the water be warm enough or will it be too cold to be comfortable?

Sue

We were just in Nassau on Saturday. We went to Blackbeard's Cay. The water was definately chilly to me. My DD and her boyfriend were snorkeling but I couldn't bear to go in past my waist. It was just too cold. I guess it just depends on your tolerance level. Good Luck and have fun! :)

• 4 weeks later...

I was in Nassau in March and wore my shorty wetsuit in all the pools and lazy river area. Boy it was really cold to me. but that is just how I am.

Even the employees cleaning the pools had on wetsuits.

Does the water temp get comfortable in the beginning of May?

Water temps are cool even at end of May - in fact depending on how long you are in the water it will be cool in the dead of summer. People that dive for a living will wear a least a short suit as the warmest water - 80's - is still colder than your normally body temp. and the water will suck it out of you if you are in the water for a prolonged period. If you are going snorkeling off a boat pop for the extra for a wet suit - it will keep your fine and also keep you back from sunburning.

Bob

PS - many years ago I used to dive for a living in St. Thomas and always wore a short suit.

I just came back from being there on Sat. 4/26, and we went snorkeling. The water was a little shock of cold when you first got in, and then after a minute or two, it was fine. After a minute or so I wasn't cold at all, it became a comfortable temp. Again, it was just a little cold at first, that's all. :)

Archived