Godfrey Tour Questions - Where are the stops?

A little background: I am trying to decide whether to take the Godrey Tour or just hire a taxi. I will have a 2 year old with me (which Godfrey doesn't charge for) so his tour will be $50 total. If I hire a taxi for a 2 hour tour finishing at Sapphire Beach I believe the total would be $75 ($25 each) plus $9 each for a taxi from the beach back to the ship - so a total of $102. So, Godfrey will save me a lot, but my son usually naps in the afternoon, so his timing will be off.

So, the big question is where exactly are the stops for Godrey's tour. I remember from reading the boards that he only makes 3 stops. I know one is Mountain Top, and I would guess that another is Drake's seat (is this correct?). Where is the third stop? Are there any other stops?

I really would like to save myself the $52 going with Godfrey. Are there any other options that have a morning tour instead of afternoon so I could be back by 3 pm?

He picked us up right outside the pier. We started off downtown and shopped for about 1.5-2 hours. He picked us up and stored our bags for the duration of the tour. We then went to Drakes seat, Blackbeard's Castle, and Mountain Top. We stopped at a roadside pull -off to take pictures. You could stay right by the van. There were several places that had people with photo ops (people swallowing fire, etc.) that he would stop if anybody wanted a photo...passed by if they didn't. We drove around the island to sightsee. He then gave us the choice of going to Megans Bay, Sapphire Beach or Coki Beach or back to the ship.( We chose Sapphire) He picked us up 2 hours later and took us back to the ship. He kept our packages locked up until we went back to the ship. He was great! Very professional, knowledgable and right on time.

We just went with Godfrey last week and made more than 3 stops. We did not go to Blackbeard's castle but did go to Mountain Top and Drake's seat along with a couple of other stops along the way. We were given the option of which beach to stop at some of our party wanted to stop at Coki and others wanted to go to Sapphire so we stopped at both. No one wanted to go to Meghan's bay. Went shopping for the morning. We were not impressed with Coki--too crowded and even Godfrey did not encourage people to stay due to the crowds, but some wanted to go to Coral World so he did accommodate them. Sapphire was beautiful and much less crowded that day. I bet your son could nap on the truck if that is your concern. I would go with Godfrey's tour if you want to see some of the sights and at least get a little bit of information on the island! Otherwise a taxi to Sapphire would be my idea of a great time. Beautiful beach and a great bar overlooking the water!

Archived