Is there a place in Alberta called Saba Beach

I know this is a long shot but my Father's uncle emigrated to Canada in 1920's and my Mother(84) says they went to somewhere called Saba Beach.Thet were farmers, so the name of the area and the profession do not seem to match. We are arriving in Calgary 13th July and I may have distant cousins just around the corner!! I hope someone may be able to help. Thanks

There is also a small town called Bentley between Sylvan Lake and Gull Lake, just west of Red Deer. That might be worth checking out.

This is from Wikipedia and the fact that the original name was Oxford might indicate a British connection.

The town of Bentley, originally called Oxford, is located 28 km (17 mi) north-west of Red Deer, in the province of Alberta, Canada.

It was named in honour of George Bentley, an early homesteader.

Viv

Hi everyone. Thanks for the info. As far as I know my Mum said the went to Alberta to the best farming land in Canada. With the Calgary stampede every year I presumed she was right.My great uncle had two sons, so I am going to start with the telephone directory for a George Bentley. The only problem is that age is starting to become a problem because the sons must be 65plus. The good thing is that the interney does make the world a smaller place.

Kathleen

Archived