Spa Tipping?

GreatTimes

Not a newbie, but I have a newbie question. Does the "No tipping" policy extend to the Spa or are you expected to tip the Spa staff? If so, we usually tip Spa staff at home around 10%. What's appropriate on board?

Thanks

Ellen

This is from a discussion about 1 1/2 years ago:

>"I don't believe tipping is expected in the spa either (the prices are slightly higher than on other cruise lines to compensate).

johnny

Last edited by johnnycruise : October 19th, 2006 at 03:18 PM."

I have done both, tipped and not tipped. Now I rarely go there at all, so that settles that.

It sounds like there might be a "story" behind that.... care to share? :confused:

LOL! No, no story.It's just that I started out being a very generous tipper and then was told that the tip was included in the price. If one of the stylists did a really nice job, I might add a tip. Sometimes things get busy on port days that I just can't fit it all in. However, I like staryng on board on some port days and taking advantage of the Spa Specials.

One thing I was thinking about after my post was that they are also considered 'crew' so advantages that are given when we give to the Crew Welfare Fund also benefits them.

Archived