Roll Call - Windsurf - Rome to Venice 08/03/2008

stt

• 1 month later...

I'm trying to book on that ship now! Its very last minute and I want a few extra days in Rome and a few extra days at the end of the cruise too. I'd love more info about the trip or anyone thats taken it, or good places to stay in either city. We are thinking about taking the train back to Rome at the end of the trip, I understand its a pretty ride and it changes the price of our return flight by a lot. However we'll be exhausted too so I'm not sure. Its hard to book a trip like this when your short on time and any advice will be welcomed.

Susan

Hi Pixie

We did the reverse of this itinerary last October (Venice to Rome) and it was a great trip! In Venice, we stayed at a nice place a 5 - 10 minute walk from St Mark's Square called the Hotel Ca Dei Conti. It was a great location, the rooms were nice, and the continental breakfast each morning was pretty good. I think it was about $400/night, which isn't too bad for Venice. If you have time, the island Torcello is a nice way to spend a 1/2 day or so (easy to get there via vaporetto) away from the hustle and bustle of Venice.

Hope you have a great time!

• 1 month later...

Hello,

We are two couples booked on the cruise and are doing the xtra days in Rome beforehand and also at the end. We found that getting a Eurail pass through raileurope helps alot. Hope to see you on the cruise.

stt

Archived