Alaska Cruise in Aug or Sept with a 1 yr old

loti

Hi All,

WE are looking to take a Alaska cruise with my inlaws and friends in Aug or Sept. WE want a R/T out of Vancouver on the Inside pasage.

Can you tell me with line is better for us and my 1 yr old? WE are looking at NCL Sun, RCCl Serenade of the Seas and Carnival Spirit.

Any recommendations or compaints on either?

Do they provide a crib? High Chairs at dinner?

WE are looking for ourselves to get either a suite or balcony.

Any help or comments is appreciated.

Loti

Depending on what week in those months you're talking about, I would recommend August over September. From my cruising experience, September was colder and more rainy than August. As for the line, the ones that do Alaska are pretty much equal in terms of food and service. You child won't be allowed in any kind of program because of age, but RCCI and Celebrity do provide in cabin sitting, whereas the others only have group sitting after 10pm.

We sailed the Carnival Spirit last August with our then 14 month old and had a fabulous time. Portable cribs and high chairs are provided and the dining room staff went out of their way for her to make sure she had everything she needed. We were able to take her on the helicopter/dogsledding tour, floatplane to view the bears, White Pass RR, and on the Sea Otter Quest (viewing wildlife by boat). We all had a fabulous time. As one poster said, they don't provide in cabin sitting, but do have times for under 2's to utilize Camp Carnival for playtime and after 10pm group sitting.

Archived