Arranging group cocktail parties....

MamaParrotHead

I read on a totally unrelated post a few weeks ago about someone from someone's roll call board arranging a cocktail party through Carnival. The price they gave was really reasonable to me and I wondered who I would contact about pricing and possible locations for such a little gathering.

Thanks!

From the Carnival Website:

Can I have a private party on board?

One of the benefits of booking through our Group Department is the assistance of the Group Special Service Desk who is able to arrange cocktail parties and organize meetings/seminars. All groups, no matter what size, will be accommodated first. Individual bookings with revenue producing events (parties and/or meetings) will then be accommodated by the Bon Voyage Department.

To arrange for a cocktail party:

Contact the Bon Voyage Wedding Department at: 800 933-4968.

The group of individual bookings must purchase a cocktail party for a minimum of twenty guests (or more); the minimum purchase for a party must be at least a one hour of Open-Bar.

The party will be based on lounge availability and must take place on a day while the ship is at sea; the party cannot conflict with formal nights, dinner time or embarkation day.

One person will need to collect the money and make these arrangements.

And it cant be done at the last moment-- allow at least 6 weeks so you can chose your times. (dont tlet them chose for you)

I went through my agent for the parties. simple and easier.

a one hour coctail party with dry snacks was 12.00 pp

I read on a totally unrelated post a few weeks ago about someone from someone's roll call board arranging a cocktail party through Carnival. The price they gave was really reasonable to me and I wondered who I would contact about pricing and possible locations for such a little gathering.

Thanks!

We've been offered a one hour cocktail party with dry snacks for $11.44/pp; booked with Carnival through our TA...

If you are booked with a group, you go thru the group desk.. not the regular wedding desk. I learned this the hard way! If you have a group booking, have your TA call the group number, they will transfer you to the person in charge of private parties for groups for your ship.

If you are not part of a group booking, but want to book a private party, you go thru the wedding desk.

The price for the private party was cheaper per person thru the group desk than what I was quoted for the exact same thing from the wedding desk.

Archived