Can't Wait To Anger The "chair Hogs"

LTS1960

[quote name='VentureMan_2000']And do you think that a true chairhog is not a Bully...? You've read the posts of how they act when they come back after a 3 hour absence, with their verbal attacks.

I think it's truely funny when one bully gives another a taste of their own medicine. More power the the folks who aren't going to take any crap from a chairhog bully... :D[/quote]

[B][COLOR=darkred]Let me make sure I understand you...are you saying, then, that two wrongs make a right? My mommy taught me by the time I was 6 or 7 that that was not true....guess some people just never learn the lesson and would rather bring themselves down to the lower level. I'll just look for another chair....[/COLOR][/B]

[quote name='cruiselover999'][COLOR=darkred]Uhm....no offense, but the second "smiley" is actually sticking his tongue out ...like to say "screw you" or "neener neener"....and the first one is simply to say how happy he will be to jack with someone's towel/belongings. I think that's pretty serious....:rolleyes: [/COLOR][/quote]

It is your interpretation of that smiley face, not mine!! I never said that I'd jack someone's belongings, read it the way it was written! I said I would stack up their stuff. I really don't want anybody else's stuff.
Boy, you are really in a foul mood, or maybe your're just one of the chair hogs I've been talking about.:p

[quote name='sailaway4']...Will you also take a child if I leave him behind to watch my chair.[/QUOTE]

Absolutely! But if they are like mine we'll be wanting to give them back after a couple of hours. :)

On a more serious note, to answer your question, the big problem, when it exists, is immediately around the pool. There are plenty of lounge chairs, as well as regular chairs, in a number of other locations and on other decks. Seems everybody must be on the first row. If you don't feel so inclined, you will find a chair.

I think you can tell when a chair is being hogged or when someone got up to go to the bathroom. When I see a chair that has only a towel and say a book and there is no body print I would say its a chair hog. And if the chair is empty for more than an hour then its anybodies chair. Me and hubby take turns going to the bathroom or getting a drink or snack so we have our chairs.

[quote name='cruiselover999'][B][COLOR=darkred]Let me make sure I understand you...are you saying, then, that two wrongs make a right? My mommy taught me by the time I was 6 or 7 that that was not true....guess some people just never learn the lesson and would rather bring themselves down to the lower level. I'll just look for another chair....[/COLOR][/B][/quote]
It is not WRONG to take a chair that has been left for more than an hour. It is wrong to save a chair that you do not plan on using for a while. So... there are not 2 wrongs, just one!! Those are the Carnival rules also.

[quote name='cruiselover999'][COLOR=darkred]Uhm....no offense, but the second "smiley" is actually sticking his tongue out ...like to say "screw you" or "neener neener"....and the first one is simply to say how happy he will be to jack with someone's towel/belongings. I think that's pretty serious....:rolleyes: [/COLOR][/quote]

You are analyzing a smilie face??????????????
Ok you can have my chair...

:confused:

[quote name='marktac']There are plenty of lounge chairs, as well as regular chairs, in a number of other locations and on other decks. Seems everybody must be on the first row. If you don't feel so inclined, you will find a chair.

[/quote]

Dang it! Stop that kind of talk. My Mother always told me... if you can't say something sarcastic... then don't say anything at all. :p

[quote name='LTS1960']It is your interpretation of that smiley face, not mine!! I never said that I'd jack someone's belongings, read it the way it was written! I said I would stack up their stuff. I really don't want anybody else's stuff.
Boy, you are really in a foul mood, or maybe your're just one of the chair hogs I've been talking about.:p[/quote]

[COLOR=darkred]Maybe you should reread your own post. It came across as snotty and confrontational, as well as holier than thou. If you run your mouse over the smiley face that I was refering to, it says "stick out tongue". I have always considered sticking out one's tongue as a sign of disrespect. And I think I made it clear that I have never "hogged" a chair for myself, but I have saved one for my husband. If you tried to take it away from me, we would have words. I was in a great mood until I read that first post, and the many that followed. [/COLOR]

[quote name='skylock']I know what you are getting at, but this does not work because if I pull into the parking space you vacated 2 min after you leave, it is gone.

And so it should be with chairs on deck. If you leave for any amount of time for any reason, you have forfieted the right to that seat unless it is still vacant when you get back.

If your butt is not on it, it is free game. I don;t care if you went to pee, get something to eat or go to your cabin for a nap. All belongings you want to keep should be taken with you.

It is usually not to hard to find one chair but if there is 2 or more it has gotten harder to find two or more "unsaved" chairs together.

I have no problem removing items. I have never been confronted because I have never had a person who I removed their stuff return in the time I was using the chair. The next time this happens, I think I will take whatever I removed from the chairs and dump it in the trash on my way off the deck. Or maybe I will start my own carnival towel collection.[/quote]

So Judy, Judy, Judy if I'm headed into the pool or jacuzzi you expect me to take my towel, book, etc with me?

I don't think so......

[quote name='WeLuvVacation']So Judy, Judy, Judy if I'm headed into the pool or jacuzzi you expect me to take my towel, book, etc with me?

I don't think so......[/quote]

[COLOR=darkred]Exactly! These people are gonna have you paranoid to turn your back on your chair for fear that your belongings will end up in a puddle on the deck! Yeeeeesh![/COLOR]

[quote name='spartygrad95']Umm.. if my stuff got moved because I got up to use the boy's room, there would be a confrontation. But, like I've said.. you people are ALL talk. I am reminded of a great line from Reservoir Dogs that is appropriate for all the tough talk coming on this thread from everyone. "You gunna bark all day little doggy or are you gunna bite?"[/quote]

Cause I BITE! And MY bite's WORSE than my BARK!

So don't be savin' no chairs. You gotta pee, ok, but no savin!

I'm a newbie to cruise critic, just trying to learn about cruising. Wow, I never knew there was such a thing as chair hogs on a cruise! I just thought it was, a first come, first serve, thing.

Now, this is one entertaining thread! Even the reactions to your "solutions" are funny!

Here's what I've learned so far: take whatever belongings in "supposed occupied" chair (even if it's a child) and move them to......... toilet? :confused: Yeah, sounds good! I'm gonna have so much fun! (Aug.)

Santyclaws
(hi to V-Man!)

[quote name='WeLuvVacation']Cause I BITE! And MY bite's WORSE than my BARK!

So don't be savin' no chairs. You gotta pee, ok, but no savin![/quote]

I just upped my quota of chairs im saving to 12 now. Ill be the dude in the man capris oozing machismo. BRING IT!:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :D

[quote name='spartygrad95']I just upped my quota of chairs im saving to 12 now. Ill be the dude in the man capris oozing machismo. BRING IT!:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :D[/quote]

Just one question.. will you be wearing the manpris because Ventureman took your jeans?:D :D

[quote name='cruiselover999'][COLOR=darkred]Exactly! These people are gonna have you paranoid to turn your back on your chair for fear that your belongings will end up in a puddle on the deck! Yeeeeesh![/COLOR][/quote]
Cruiselover999, you just don't get it. You are making your own interpretation of my original post just to pick a fight. I AM TALKING ABOUT THE PEOPLE THAT GET UP AT 6AM AND SAVE CHAIRS FOR HOURS!!!! Do you get it now? I have nothing to do with what others are saying so stop referring to my original post. I am not holier than thou or a snob but you, I am sorry to say are a bit confused.
You are really paranoid, I would never snatch someone's chair if they get up to pee or are in the pool etc. As I said , again, its the ones that save chairs for hours and are never seen. You should be on my side if you are thinking straight.

Archived