Dawn Excursion booking PROBLEMS

scrcdawn

Ok

maybe its just me, BUT I called and I was told to fax excursion form in, I did, TWICE, they still have no record. I have called THREE times to book my excursions, and each time I have been told to call back the following week. TODAY I was told to enroll on line and call back AGAIN next week to see if they have all the info, BUT did i fail to mention, that now that we are not going to Grenada, the new excursions are not up yet for the new stop and the young man today had no idea when I could get that info. I was also on hold the one day for ONE hour, I have since learned NOT to call the 1 800 number, I would rather pay for the toll call. I am a very patient person, but since this my first time on NCL, I am a little skeptical about how this is all going to work out.....

Dawn

[quote name='scrcdawn']Ok

maybe its just me, BUT I called and I was told to fax excursion form in, I did, TWICE, they still have no record. I have called THREE times to book my excursions, and each time I have been told to call back the following week. TODAY I was told to enroll on line and call back AGAIN next week to see if they have all the info, BUT did i fail to mention, that now that we are not going to Grenada, the new excursions are not up yet for the new stop and the young man today had no idea when I could get that info. I was also on hold the one day for ONE hour, I have since learned NOT to call the 1 800 number, I would rather pay for the toll call. I am a very patient person, but since this my first time on NCL, I am a little skeptical about how this is all going to work out.....

Dawn[/QUOTE]

Dawn: Why don't you register for the excursions when you get aboard? By then, they should have any alternate destinations posted as well as the excursions for any replacement port. Registering in advance prior to sailing is nice, but if you know what you want, you can get it just as easily as soon as the shore excursion desk opens when you arrive on the ship :) Remember, that when you fax in your choices, someone has to be given the fax and then type it into their database... this may actually take a few days or longer... The shore excursion desk on the ship will have up to the minute information that wont be available online or by fax.

[quote name='cliffd64']Dawn: Why don't you register for the excursions when you get aboard? By then, they should have any alternate destinations posted as well as the excursions for any replacement port. Registering in advance prior to sailing is nice, but if you know what you want, you can get it just as easily as soon as the shore excursion desk opens when you arrive on the ship :) Remember, that when you fax in your choices, someone has to be given the fax and then type it into their database... this may actually take a few days or longer... The shore excursion desk on the ship will have up to the minute information that wont be available online or by fax.[/QUOTE]

I was on the Sun in August and they had something I had never seen before. With your Sail and Sign card you could book your shore excursions 7x24 on a terminal in the lobby near the excursion desk. It way in fact even print your tickets.

I did not try it since I had pre-booked the NCL excursions online and without a hitch believe it or not. All the excursions were listed in my ticket booklet when I got my docs and the tickets were in the suite when we boarded.

Thanks in advance for your help again. You can always answer my quesstions.

I also went on line and signed up for 3 excursions, but I never did get a confirmation. Is that how it should be? Now I should wait and it will come with my cruise tickets?

:rolleyes:

This happened on my first NCL cruise this past July. I finally got through the week before the trip. I had faxed, called, and e-mailed my requests in. When I finally got through on the phone they told me that they had them all but that no confirmations had gone out for some reason. If there's an excursion that you really want to do, don't wait until you get onboard as they may be sold out by that time. Keep trying to get them before going.

My experience with NCL with any human contact (except for the actual cruise) has been poor. I always send my excursions in the "snail mail". If you wait til the cruise, you risk being shut out of the excursion. NCL is a good line. Basically you get what you pay for and frankly they are one of the cheapest! The people on the phone are Dah! and you get different answers everytime you call. I just canceled my 10/31 cruise for fear of this bad hurricane season. I am expecting truble with them and all the penalty garbage...but what ever! Still I do like freestyle the best!

I too did the online registration and never received a confirmation after a week. I called the 800 # and got through pretty quickly to the shore excursion desk. I was lucky enough to have a very helpful CS Rep. She took my excursion order over the phone and I had an email confirmation within 15 minutes of the phone call.

[quote name='joyce B']Thanks in advance for your help again. You can always answer my quesstions.

I also went on line and signed up for 3 excursions, but I never did get a confirmation. Is that how it should be? Now I should wait and it will come with my cruise tickets?

:rolleyes:[/QUOTE]

If you booked thru a TA they send the confirmation to the TA. You can call both your ta & NCL and confirm they have your bookings. In my case no matter what email I put on the reservation form they confirm to an old email account that seems to be hard coded into my profile from years ago.

Just some insight..... When I booked the shore excursions the TA at NCL told me it would take 3-4 business days to confirm wether we would be on that excursion or not. So, if you keep calling and tell them you booked it a couple of days ago and you still haven't gotten a confirmation let them know and ask them if you can get it faxed over or emailed.. I know when I did mine I had to call 3 times for them to email it, because they had the WRONG email address...Their always in a rush and act like they have places to go, when infact their stuck at work and they aren't going anywhere for atleast 8 hrs.! HA!

GOOD LUCK!
By the way when are you sailing?? That could make a difference also.

Janell
NCL DAWN here we come!! ONLY 3 days now.:rolleyes:

Archived