Antilla from the shore of Baby Beach?

WalleyeLJ

My wife and I have heard great things about snorkeling at the Antilla, but we're really interested in driving around and seeing as much of the island as we can. My question is - can you drive to Baby Beach and make your way out to the Antilla, or is it too far? We'll be visiting April 8th. Thanks!

L.J.

Antilla is at the northern end of the island, off of Boca Catalina.

Baby Beach is at the southern end of the island. http://www.wikimapia.org/#lat=12.41317&lon=-69.881179&z=16&l=0&m=a&v=2

The Antilla is a half mile OFF OF THE COAST of the Boca Catalina. I do NOT suggest you swim there. http://www.wikimapia.org/#lat=12.601643&lon=-70.056682&z=17&l=0&m=a&v=2

I snorkeled over the Antilla, it was awesome. We booked a ship excursion. They met us at the pier then took us off a beach where we snorkeled for about 45 minutes, the water was so clear. After that they took us to the Antilla and we snorkeled for about an hour. It was truly breathtaking. After our snorkel they took us to their pier for a bbq lunch. I would do it again.:D

• 3 weeks later...

Baby Baech is on one side of the Island, the Antilla on the other.

On baby beach you can swim and snorkel and see a nice reef and lots of fish. It's at least a half hour drive from the harbour. You'll have to rent a car or take a tour. The Antilla is a shipwreck, it's too far to swim to. My husband uses his kayak to get to it and snorkel sometimes. Most Snorkel trips will take you to the Antilla. Jolley Pirates, Mi Dushi, Red Sail Sports, all snorkeltrips will go to the quiet coast first, to give snorkel instructions and go to the Antilla afterwards. Even with 5 boats at the site at the same time, you'll still have a great time. I can send you some underwater picures if you want papilon@setarnet.aw. Go enjoy !!!!!:)

My wife and I have heard great things about snorkeling at the Antilla

Maybe it is a good snorkel site, but as a dive site, I wasn't really impressed. I'm glad I did the dive there once to see what it was like, but I'd probably not make an effort to dive it again.

It is a better dive than snorkel and agree, there are better dive sites in the world.

Maybe it is a good snorkel site, but as a dive site, I wasn't really impressed. I'm glad I did the dive there once to see what it was like, but I'd probably not make an effort to dive it again.

My wife and I set up shop on the beach fronting Antilla. Looks are very deceiving how far everyone is from shore. I consider myself a strong swimmer and I went about half out and came back. The current is faily strong, water choppy, and who know what kind of wildlife you could run into. Would certainly NOT recommend swimming out.

Archived