Mmmmm...Mac Pies!

schmolke

I watched an episode of "Food Finds" on FoodNetwork last weekend, and the subject was All-American pies. Lo and behold, they had a segment on the MacPie, which is made in Kona. Apparently they opened a new factory and give out free tours and samples. Sounds like a fun thing to do in Kona, if you're looking for things to do to fill up your itinerary, which we plan on now (how can you pass up free pie samples?!). Here's the website:

http://www.macpie.com

Later,

Kewone

Nic - Since I don't live there, I don't really know if they're sold in Honolulu...but I think they sell MacPies throughout the islands. However, if you go to the website, you can have one shipped to you.

Emi & Queen - Now, why would I go to Costco when I can go straight to the source and have free samples? Besides, I make it a point not to shop or eat at any place I can go to here in Sacramento when I go on vacation ....hence, no trips to Costco or K-Mart or Wal-Mart or McDonald's or TGI Fridays, etc, etc, etc....

Later,

Kewone

Devonne - you know that Costco in Hawaii sells items that aren't available in Costco on the mainland right? Great gift sized packs of macadamia nuts, chocolates, assorted snacks, Hawaiian CDs, books, etc. etc. Actually make a great place to shop for souvenirs and gifts. :)

That's actually true for K-mart and Walmart too.

Spleen

Spleen - My hard and fast rule is that I don't shop/eat on vacation anywhere I can shop/eat at home....no matter how much better the deal is at Costco! However, if I LIVED in Hawaii, you bet I'd shop there!

Kewone

Okay - just returned from a fabulous vacation. I did make a stop at Mac Pies - I bought the vanilla and the kona coffee flavoured pies - my suggestion...eat immediately - the owner said it would be good for up to two weeks, but I think for maximum pleasure, consume immediately! There is also an entertainment coupon!

BTW - thank you for all assistance, tips, etc - I have found my new favourite place in the world!

Mahalo

Archived