wine onboard

sss10

Hello, we will be taking our first cruise on the Dawn in Sept. I read the posts about the $15/bottle charge. My question is: do they check what you are bringing onboard at each stop or only when you first board the ship? Is it possible to buy some bottles of wine at one of the stops and bring them onboard or will each bottle be charged the $15?

Thanks!

Yes they do check as you board from each port. Not real close all the time, but they do. I think they are more concered with folks getting the hard stuff, but will catch wine and ask you to pay.

sometimes the desk to collect money is not manned though...hint, hint..

Usually all cruiselines now will let you have 2 bottles of wine to bring on board. There is no charge if you have it in your cabin only if you bring it to the dinner table and they have to uncork it and serve you. they get you coming and going! We found it costs about the same when you add in the corkage fee to just but it on the ship to have with dinner, othrwise bring your own to have on the balcony!:D

Usually all cruiselines now will let you have 2 bottles of wine to bring on board. There is no charge if you have it in your cabin only if you bring it to the dinner table and they have to uncork it and serve you. they get you coming and going! We found it costs about the same when you add in the corkage fee to just but it on the ship to have with dinner, othrwise bring your own to have on the balcony!:D

Let me clarify NCL's policy. You can not bring even 1 bottle onboard without paying the corkage. (unless they do not catch it of course).

And, they charge no matter where you drink, or even if you ever drink it. Bring it, and you pay.

Archived