Tour in Montevideo

lex1517

We just came back from an Azamara cruise and just happened to pick up a great private van tour in Montevideo. I would highly recommend Sergio. He speaks perfect English and what started out as a 3 hour tour turned into a 5 hour tour as we stopped for lunch at a lovely spot. We saw all the sites, the beaches, stopped for some souvenir shopping and to take pictures. The cost was $30/pp You can reach him at http://www.toursrus2000@yahoo.com or by calling 095829219680.

We just came back from an Azamara cruise and just happened to pick up a great private van tour in Montevideo. I would highly recommend Sergio. He speaks perfect English and what started out as a 3 hour tour turned into a 5 hour tour as we stopped for lunch at a lovely spot. We saw all the sites, the beaches, stopped for some souvenir shopping and to take pictures. The cost was $30/pp You can reach him at http://www.toursrus2000@yahoo.com or by calling 095829219680.

Thank you for the information. We are looking for tours in Montevideo, Ushuaia, Punta Arenas, and Rio. If you have any information regarding any of these other tours please send to my email taz @ wbhsi.com (put no spaces). Also, please tell us what you enjoyed most on the tour in Montevideo.

Thanks much.

Terry and Judy

I just posted this in answer to saddlebrook, but here it is again... If you'd like an alternative for a tour in Montevideo, have a look at http://www.realenglishtours.com. This is an Englishwoman, 30 years living in the city, masses of information, and delivered very entertainingly in perfect English (surprise!) She's also written a neat little guide book called "The Making of Montevideo and How to Discover Her Treasures", designed for the one-day visitor.

We (4 of us) toured for 2 days in Rio at the beginning of March.

Marcio (above) was booked these dates but gave us contact for another guide whom we used instead. Paulo was prompt each day, very efficient and has a good sense of humour. We had no problems at all. His pricing is similar to Marcio and reasonable. Based on our own experience we are happy to recommend him.

He is hoping to have a website at some point but for now it is:

Paulo ****** Contact him at sudipo@gmail.com

• 3 months later...

lex1517, Could you please check your contact information for Sergio again? I don't think his e-mail could begin www. and I haven't been able to find a Web site either. I'm very much interested in checking with him about a tour in Montevideo. Thanks.

• 6 months later...
Thank you for the information. We are looking for tours in Montevideo, Ushuaia, Punta Arenas, and Rio. If you have any information regarding any of these other tours please send to my email taz @ wbhsi.com (put no spaces). Also, please tell us what you enjoyed most on the tour in Montevideo.

Thanks much.

Terry and Judy

We too are trying to locate an address for Sergio. If you can help us will you please contact me : jegk1@comcast.net

Thanks!

We just came back from an Azamara cruise and just happened to pick up a great private van tour in Montevideo. I would highly recommend Sergio. He speaks perfect English and what started out as a 3 hour tour turned into a 5 hour tour as we stopped for lunch at a lovely spot. We saw all the sites, the beaches, stopped for some souvenir shopping and to take pictures. The cost was $30/pp You can reach him at www.toursrus2000@yahoo.com or by calling 095829219680.

We are having a difficult time locating Sergio for a tour. Might you have a better website as I can't locate him on Yahoo. I can be reached at jegk1@comcast.net Thanks!

We hired Jerry. His email is: laufransri at hotmail dot com. He speaks English very well. We were in a van for 8. I think it was $20. each. He gave us a long tour. It was too long. Have an idea what you want to do before you start. I agree with last poster about meal and market. Jerry is wonderful and has several vehicles. I'm sure you can plan a nice day with him. Judy

We hired Jerry. His email is: laufransri at hotmail dot com. He speaks English very well. We were in a van for 8. I think it was $20. each. He gave us a long tour. It was too long. Have an idea what you want to do before you start. I agree with last poster about meal and market. Jerry is wonderful and has several vehicles. I'm sure you can plan a nice day with him. Judy

Judy,

I just emailed: laufransri@hotmail.com and it was returned as undeliverable. Was the first letter a small "L"?

Thanks,

Elaine

Archived