upgrades & near medical center

Suetwom2

I'm booked on the Spirit. My cabin is right beside the medical center, has anyone ever been close to the medical center if so how was it.

Also, how is upgrades handled?

What are the chances of getting upgraded?

I booked early, and now seeing $100 - $200 cheaper and their offering onboard credit, can I call and have them work with me?

If you haven't figured it out I'm a very first time cruiser.

if final payment hasn't been made...then there is a chance you MIGHT be able to talk to them about the prices. if final payment has been made, don't count on it. after final payment, you will often see special pricing.

usually the last minute discounts will be for "new" bookings only. as a last minute omph to fill up the ship.

you can, always, try...just don't get upset if it doesn't work for you.

if you booked through a TA, they have to call. NCL won't talk to you, only your TA. if you booked direct with NCL, then you can call.

upgrades: there is a reason people call it the "upgrade" fairy. many of us never see this fairy dust. free upgrades are only done by unknown people in a unknown office at their whim. sometimes it might be if you are in a connecting cabin and they have someone who needs that type of cabin. sometimes, you have a 2 in a cabin that sleep 4 and they need that cabin. no ones knows when or who it strikes.

if you want to buy-up, call (or have your TA call) and see what prices are offered. it's good to look and see what's available.

next time you cruise, you may be trilled to book early...you might see prices climb and climb. that's what happened to our alaska cruise, it was SOLD out 2 months before the cruise. my SIL paid as much for her inside room as we did for our balcony.

if you booked at GTY cabin (didn't pick your cabin)?

The medical center on the Spirit was by the elevators on the 4th fl. My DH hurt his foot so we had to use it and it was not busy at all. I don't think you have anything to worry about.

The Spirit is a lovely ship.

Enjoy!

Jeanne;)

I'm booked on the Spirit. My cabin is right beside the medical center, has anyone ever been close to the medical center if so how was it.

Also, how is upgrades handled?

What are the chances of getting upgraded?

I booked early, and now seeing $100 - $200 cheaper and their offering onboard credit, can I call and have them work with me?

If you haven't figured it out I'm a very first time cruiser.

Medical Center hours are limited so you should be fine.

"Port" days should not produce any crowds on your deck, only the "tender" days have back-up lines on the deck.

"Upgrades"...did you book a gty., or a specific cabin number?

Did you complete your on-line reservation form? When you bring up the form, it will show your cabin number and if it has changed...if you booked a Gty.

If you used the services of a T/A, everything must go through them.

Enjoy your "first" cruise...it is wonderful!

Archived