What to do; What do to???

rummenroman

Hello all

I will be cruising to Barbados for the first time, and am looking for inexpensive (under 50 or so a person) ideas as to how to "kill" a day here. I would perfer non-ship ideas due to cost. Any ideas would be helpful!

Thanks!!!

we have just returned from our cruise had a day at barbados, we got a taxi to sandy lane hotel beach, (exclusive hotel) side walkway to beach as all beaches are public. This really is a beautifull beach one of the best we found in the caribbean, got a cab from the docks was 50 dollers return for the 4 of us he dropped us off and came and collected us after 3 hours, was one of our best days. the town in barbados isnt to good, wouldnt waste your time looking. also heard the submarine place is good, you can book that direct its called atlantas submarines.

Shame on you! "kill" a day on barbados??

This is one great island...Live a day!

Price a consideration?

Take the bus! $.75US anywhere on the island. Good music and good people. Bus to the east coast, have a Bajan lunch at the Atlantis Hotel and return.

4-5 hours. $20.75/pp (give or take five bux, but includes bus fare).

You'll see more and have more fun than 95% of your shipmates.

How can you beat that?

for ming

take the bus! wow i am so pleased we didnt as on our taxi ride home we saw one bus stopped by police getting a ticket for being so overloaded, and when the bus behind us saw just what was going on he off loaded all his overloaded passengers, (which would have included us as we saw them all at the stop as our taxi picked us up, hanging on for dear life as the bus pulled away) in the middle of now-where. maybe you would like to travel in this manner but with two children in tow its not quite my style.how could you say sitting on a beautiful beach in barbados is to kill a day, may-be you do not work!

Perhaps it is the choice of words.

I think that sitting on a beach in Barbados isn’t "killing" a day, it’s enjoying it.

The OP asked for suggestions on doing an inexpensive day, and I gave her my ideas.

I visit the island many times a year and have never heard of anyone being killed on a city bus.

Snorkeling or swimming, yes, but not the bus.

Simply because you observed something that you perceived as an unsafe condition, doesn’t mean that the whole island’s public transportation is unsafe.

You’re not in Kansas anymore. Get with the program.

Archived