Buying Tanzinite in Coz. or Genad Cayman??

crazycruzer68

Are either of these good places to buy Tanzinite? Also, what about on the ship, I noticed in one of the capers there was a sale of I think 70% on this one day has anyone purchased or priced it on board? We will be on the Inspiratation.

We found the prices and selection better in Playa Del Carmen than Cozumel. Although we were on a land-based vacation and spent much more time than 7 or 8 hours in Playa.

Last year purchased a tananite pendant from the ship during one of their "sales" for 1250. The next day went to coz, I couldn't believe it when I saw they exact same thing, and I do mean exact, could not tell the difference. It was 700. So of course bought that one and when the store on the ship opened, I returned theirs.

Hope this helps, Cindy

I'd buy the tanzanite in Cozumel instead, but do shop around. I bought a beautiful tanzanite ring in Grand Cayman and I am very happy with it but when I got it appraised, it was appraised just a little lower than what I paid for it. :rolleyes: Oh well, that's what I get for falling in love a little too quick and not being patient.

On that cruise, we stopped in Costa Maya and I saw some gorgeous tanzanite there for quite a bit less.

i bought just the stone from gems of east africa online beauty of a stone the blue violet and an going to have it set here at a jewel show next month, i made sure i got a full carat, was very reasonable and i would never find that color for that price was aaa+++

Archived