Logisitics question - money, ID, shoes, etc.

libbi

When you go cave-tubing, what do you do with your wallet, ID, etc.? Do people bring bottled water for the hike on the way to the caves?

Do you bring a separate pair of shoes for hiking and then for the water?

Thanks!

We were with Major Tom. We left everything on the bus and it was perfectly safe - the driver stayed with the bus. I think I saw a few folks with bottled water, but I didn't feel the need for it. The hike isn't bad at all. We all wore water shoes/sandals and they worked fine for both hiking and tubing. I did see some women with flip flops and I think they would have been happier with something more substantial on their feet.

Cave tubing was a great time - hope you enjoy!

We left our things, including money, in the bus too. We wore water sandals and got along fine on the walk--didn't need two pairs of shoes, plus I'm not sure what you'd do with the extra pair while tubing. We didn't bring water on the hike and felt no need for it.

Water sandals are just any type of sandal that can get wet without ruining them. There are a lot of brands and styles for all ages, men and women. I wore tevas, my husband has Keens,others are some Merrils, Columbia, many other brands--my mind is a blank right now. Just google and you'll get lots of examples. Sorry, I don't know how to add a link.

I like ones that have good support for walking and straps around the heel, not flip-flops, as well being able to go in the water. You can also use regular water shoes, the kind that fit over the foot closely.

Our group all wore cheap water shoes and they worked fine. We left everything in Major Tom's van. We all brought a change of dry clothes and they had nice restrooms to change in. No one brought water bottles as the hike was easy.

We forgot our water shoes on the ship, but rented some for $3 when we got there. I carried along a water bottle and was able to tuck it into my life jacket, which I wore while tubing. Bring a waterproof camera or a disposable camera with a flash.

Archived