Seasickness in young children

MomeeToEm

Hi everyone. We leave tomorrow on our cruise. Yippee! It's the first time we're taking our kids. I thought I was all set when I bought Bonine for Kids, but I was reading the box last night and it's for children 6 and over. Our youngest is 4. Does anyone know of any natural seasickness remedies that might work for someone this young? I'm hoping it isn't a problem. She doesn't get car sick or anything, but I want to be prepared, just in case.

Hi MomeeToEm !

We leave in 2 weeks for our cruise. My son just turned 2 years old. I asked my pediatrician what I could give him if needed. He told me that Benadryl has the same affect - but it will probably make them sleepy. My son has never been car sick or anything, so I 'm hoping we don't need it, but I'm going to take it just incase !

Have a great time !:D

When I asked our pediatrician before our cruise last summer (kids were turning 8 and not quite 3), she recommended the seabands wristbands (I think I got ours in CVS). Can't tell you if they worked because we never needed them! :rolleyes:

Archived