luggage at debarkation

Reva_Dearchi

Does anyone know the procedure regarding debarkation - paying the $15 per person and not worrying about seeing your luggage again until you get to your home airport? Is this something you book up front with your TA or do you arrange it on the ship? Thanks!

Does anyone know the procedure regarding debarkation - paying the $15 per person and not worrying about seeing your luggage again until you get to your home airport? Is this something you book up front with your TA or do you arrange it on the ship? Thanks!

You arrange this on the ship with the pursers desk. I think they give you a form one night on the ship.

I been on many cruises.... Never heard of this...

Can someone please educate me please.

On some ships, the Legend is one, you can sign up for Luggage Express if:

• It is a domestic flight, and
  • It is on a sponsoring airline.

You sign up each person in your party for $15 per head. You are given the appropriate baggage tags for your luggage and boarding passes for your flight. You leave your luggage outside your door on the last night and it is taken directly to the airport and you don't see it again until you arrive at your home airport. You also get priority debarkation, and bypass check-in at the airport and go direct to security.

I read a few people have used this because they had flights departing later in the day and it was a way for them to store their luggage so they could sightsee and what not after leaving the ship.

We have an earlier flight when we cruise in September- would we be able to use this feature for an 11:45am flight? We are already planning to use self-assist, but if we could hand our luggage off and have our tickets already available to us, it would save us a lot of time since we are cutting it close with an earlier flight.

Thanks for your advice :)

I read a few people have used this because they had flights departing later in the day and it was a way for them to store their luggage so they could sightsee and what not after leaving the ship.

We have an earlier flight when we cruise in September- would we be able to use this feature for an 11:45am flight? We are already planning to use self-assist, but if we could hand our luggage off and have our tickets already available to us, it would save us a lot of time since we are cutting it close with an earlier flight.

Thanks for your advice :)

Participants on the Legend left the ship around 8:15. Your mileage may vary.

They did this on our cruise earlier this month (Spirit, Mex Riv). We didn't use it since we live in the port city, but, I believe it was the next to the last night they put forms on your bed with your nightly "mail" (Capers, etc.). All you had to do was fill out the form and return it and on the last night you would have received the appropriate luggage tags (obviously we did not since we didn't use it! ). I say this because I did notice in the hallway that some of the bags had different tags than the type for just debarking. For the poster unfamiliar with this, they do discuss it on the CCL website, but basically if you are on a ship and airline that participates in the program, when you put your luggage out on the last night with the proper tags, instead of putting your luggage out at the luggage claim area of the terminal, they send it over to the airport where it is scanned by TSA and then put straight on the proper plane. You won't see it or have to deal with it until you arrive at your home airport!

Now if I could just get them to pick it up from my home and deliver it back to my home, that would be a sweet deal! ;)

I was on the Legend in early March and some one in our roll call used this service and thought it outstanding! I didn't use it but they raved about how nice it was.

I went the "standard" route and couldn't find mine. they told me it was in line #9 but the person who unloaded it must have been upside down - it was in section #6!

• 10 months later...
  • 2 years later...
We used this feature on the Legend last year and it was great...I just can't remeber which airlines we used. Anyone know if Air Tran or Southwest participates from Port Canaveral?

Thanks

Headed back to Port Canaveral next year and am now wondering what the time constraints are for luggage express in Port Canaveral. I know you couldn't have a flight out of MCO before a certain time but I don't recall what the time is? Anyone know?

Thanks,

Archived