Fishing from wharf

Clarvey

We leave in a week to take our first cruise YES!! We are excited!!

My husband is taking his "collapsible fishing rod" with him and was thinking to use it from the wharf when docked. Does anyone know if this is a problem and should he have a license or are there any regulations? Thanks for any help.

We leave in a week to take our first cruise YES!! We are excited!!

My husband is taking his "collapsible fishing rod" with him and was thinking to use it from the wharf when docked. Does anyone know if this is a problem and should he have a license or are there any regulations? Thanks for any help.

Probably depends on which country you will be visiting!

What is your itinerary?

If you bring your own wine on board, Coasta has a corkage fee so maybe if you bring your own fish on board there could be a Finage fee.:rolleyes:

Have a a good cruise.

Ron

PS. Maybe we could start a new theme "I Want To Take My Hobby With Me On Board".:D

We will be boarding the Costa Atlantica in La Romana on Monday, April 7th. We will visit Catalina Island, Tortola, Antigua, St. Lucia, Guadaloupe, St Maarten, then back to La Romana. He would "catch and release" IF he did catch any fish.

We will be boarding the Costa Atlantica in La Romana on Monday, April 7th. We will visit Catalina Island, Tortola, Antigua, St. Lucia, Guadaloupe, St Maarten, then back to La Romana. He would "catch and release" IF he did catch any fish.

I doubt there is any licensing regulations in place, only thing to think about if there are any warships nearby - some countries are a bit touchy. Also the local inhabitants should also be consider, they will be fishing for their supper. If you catch anything I I would first offer it to the locals (goodwill jesture).

Have a great cruise.

Ron

I doubt there is any licensing regulations in place, only thing to think about if there are any warships nearby - some countries are a bit touchy. Also the local inhabitants should also be consider, they will be fishing for their supper. If you catch anything I I would first offer it to the locals (goodwill jesture).

Have a great cruise.

Ron

Clarvey,

if you don't find any volunteering locals maybe I could be of help.:D

We will be boarding in Guadaloupe and would be looking forward to some Caribbean Sushi or fry as our Welcome Abord;)

PS: Ron, I AM taking my hobby with me on board. She is all excited already:D

Clarvey,

if you don't find any volunteering locals maybe I could be of help.:D

We will be boarding in Guadaloupe and would be looking forward to some Caribbean Sushi or fry as our Welcome Abord;)

PS: Ron, I AM taking my hobby with me on board. She is all excited already:D

Helmut,

Have a great cruise.

Regards to your hobby.;)

Ron

Archived