On The Gem Now

Sick of Snow

You're right! I need to make the CC M&G the next day! I always take bonine while in port in NYC "just in case" and the next morning for day at sea. JUST IN CASE. This is my first aft cabin so I want to make sure I am prepared for what comes my way, be it a 47 foot wave or a waiter with a a frozen drink with umbrella in it! If I get sick I promise not to spew off the balcony as I know you are somewhere right below me:eek: :D

Thanks:D and if you must spew make sure it lands on Amanda's head and not mine:D :D

Hi to everyone on the Gem this week! I just wanted to let you all know that I watched you sail away on Saturday with a tremendous amount of envy! We were at the Javit's Center for the Auto Show and came into the Ferry Terminal just in time to watch her leave port.

Since we were just on Gem's 3/1 cruise it was very bittersweet to see here again...we miss her!

Have a wonderful cruise

Hi everyone on the Gem this week. Just wanted to let you know the Godmother is on the ship. (3/29 - 4/05)

Ann 25

IMO-Should've been Coka anyhow!!! LOL (but then I'm a bitter bitter man) ;)

Wow those seas looked a little angry. I do have a question. DH really enjoyed the continual use of the espresso machine a few years ago on the Crown. If was free and 23/7. We are also on Sat 4/5 sailing. Does the Gem have the espresso/cappachino machine also and where is it? I will need to know so I can find my DH when he's 'missing'. Thank you for the daily info. Hope your weather stays enjoyable. Kathy

WE'LL BE THE ONES DRESSED IN BEADS, BANDANAS, BOAS OR LEIS!

Hope you have a great trip. I know you have been looking forward to your cruise for sometime too!:) If you get a chance, I'd love to see a live report!

Take care,

Sandy

Thanks, Sandy, I sure am looking forward to it. Hope you have a great time too. It looks as if they're off Great Stirrup.

Monte, I have to agree with you there!!! I was cheering Coka on also.

Hi Kathy!

Jackie

Monte, I have to agree with you there!!! I was cheering Coka on also.

Jackie

From what I've seen of her from the things she's written, she just seems to be one of the most upbeat, fun loving, kindest people imaginable. Almost makes an old codger like myself feel young just from the way she writes ;). If (and that's a big if) Cindy is anything at all like Coka, NCL was in a "can't miss" position in choosing either of them (and the same can be said for the other finalists as well) :D

From what I've seen of her from the things she's written, she just seems to be one of the most upbeat, fun loving, kindest people imaginable. Almost makes an old codger like myself feel young just from the way she writes ;). If (and that's a big if) Cindy is anything at all like Coka, NCL was in a "can't miss" position in choosing either of them (and the same can be said for the other finalists as well) :D

I'm sure they were all wonderful, but Coka does have a way about her when she writes, and we know her from the boards. I'm sure Cindy is wonderful also and hope she's having a great cruise.:D

You're not an old codger!!! :eek:

Wow those seas looked a little angry. I do have a question. DH really enjoyed the continual use of the espresso machine a few years ago on the Crown. If was free and 23/7. We are also on Sat 4/5 sailing. Does the Gem have the espresso/cappachino machine also and where is it? I will need to know so I can find my DH when he's 'missing'. Thank you for the daily info. Hope your weather stays enjoyable. Kathy

You will find machines toward the back of the Garden Cafe and out at the Great Outdoors. I made wonderful iced cappucinos for myself every morning!!!!!

BTW, we didn't try the hash browns until the second to last day because they looked like frozen miniature hockey pucks or MickeyD's. But to our surprise, they were very tasty - nicely seasoned- and wished we had tried them sooner so we could have enjoyed them all week. This was in the buffet and the main dining room. Maybe if they were greasey in the Blue Lagoon, they had been sitting too long?

Right now the tv station that tells about the ship says that it is 64 outside and that we are near South Carolina. The waves are “small” at 5 feet. I do not want to see these waves if they get bigger. We have an ‘aft’ room at the very back of the boat. We feel everything here. Drawers are opening up on their own and everything on the tables is rattling constantly. While we have been sitting in the Stardust Theatre you can hear something under us that sounds like huge balls rolling back and forth. Anyone know what that is ??? Not easy to walk around. We keep bumping into walls.

To me, if I were on vacation, this would be fun!! Adventure!

Greta

You're not an old codger!!! :eek:

OK, maybe not. I've been called middle age but I don't believe that either. Unless there are a lot of people over 105 I'm past "middle age" & old codger just seems to be the next step LOL :eek:

OK, maybe not. I've been called middle age but I don't believe that either. Unless there are a lot of people over 105 I'm past "middle age" & old codger just seems to be the next step LOL :eek:

NO NO NO you can't be an old codger until you've been an old geezer!!!!:D:eek: Sorry I just couldn't resist.

Hi

We did stop at Stirrup Cay today. It rained a few times off and on during the day. Last night was in my opinion a night from He **. The water was unbelievable from about 10pm til somewhere after 3am. Our next door neighbors were out at one of the bars and their slider door came open and was banging as the ship rocked. It took me until our slider slammed open around midnight to figure out what it was. Finally called and got a steward up to listen to where it was coming from. Around 2am while the steward was here the "neighbors" came back to their room and were mortified to find their balcony door open and then they heard it slam. We had a really nice note from them today apologizing. I was afraid to look last night to see what the wave height showed on the navigation channel. We are on deck 11 and the waves were splashing our deck. I don't wanna know.

It's 10pm now and the water is not calm again. Just started in this bad a little bit ago. Our drawers are all opening on their own again. Sigh, this part stinks (again my opinion)

I did look earlier and saw the they have Guiness in the bottle here. It was a bit busy so I didn't get to ask if it is on tap or not.

Had dinner in the dining room today, no wait, got a great table and our waiter was fantastic. The food was very good and actually very plentiful. Saw the 70's show which was a hoot. That I recommend.

We are off to Nassau tomorrow ;)

Last year on the Spirit we were offered apple slices with the skins on from the crew at Cagneys when we were not feeling well the first night at sea. We were in a Hurricane with 42 foot waves. We have already called on MD"S to get seasick patches(just in case), have Bonine and plenty of Ginger Candy chews..the Ginger worked the best of all...just be prepared..susan

NO NO NO you can't be an old codger until you've been an old geezer!!!!:D:eek: Sorry I just couldn't resist.

ROTFL-OK I stand corrected. I'm a geezer (somehow, that's not a whole lot more comforting!)

ROTFL-OK I stand corrected. I'm a geezer (somehow, that's not a whole lot more comforting!)

I'm sorry, I was just having a little fun! If you're not at least 70 you can't be a geezer. Possibly a buzzard (LOL) but certainly not a geezer. Forgive me!!! :D;)

Clare

I'm sorry, I was just having a little fun! If you're not at least 70 you can't be a geezer. Possibly a buzzard (LOL) but certainly not a geezer. Forgive me!!! :D;)

Clare

I think I'm having an identity crisis!

Sickofsnow, do you live where I live? haha

I hope you are having a blast on the Gem and that she is growing into a beautiful young lady just like her godmother! If you read this post while still on board, please tell Gem's godmother Cindi that her BFF Louise from the christening says hello and that I hope she is wearing leopard! You can find Cindi bowling or on the dance floor...!!!

On a side note to the others, if my experience on the Pearl is any indication how NCL treats the runners-up, then I am glad I lost! WOWSA!

Coka

I never thought of ginger candy! Where do they sell it?

Hi, could u tell me where to buy ginger chews thanks

I picked some up at Trader Joe's a few weeks ago. I guess I'll bring it just in case.

For any canadians reading this thread, do you know where we can buy these 'Ginger Candy Chews'? And what is the brand? Thanks!

If you can somehow get to Bellingham, WA, (is that the town near the B.C. border?) you can find Reed's Ginger Candy at a variety of stores. Couldn't find any in Canada but will keep looking...

http://www.reedsgingerbrew.com/stores/washington.asp

You could always try a natural foods store. Good luck!

Archived