NOLA Port Question

paynelk

We will be on the Fantasy 10-13-08.We are driving to NO and spending a few days with family before the cruise.Our plan is to have a family member drive us to the port on the day we depart.My question is this...Is there anyway possible for them to bring my vehicle to the port on Friday evening and leave it so when we dock on Saturday it will be waiting for us instead of having to phone them to let them know when we have cleared customs and come to pick us up?I realize we would have to pay for the one day in the garage.Just hate to pay for the whole week when it is not necessary.

Also just a silly question....When a ship goes into dry dock for refurb where does it dry dock at?The Fantasy is scheduled for dry dock in Sept.Just wondering where the refurb will take place.

Linda

the best place to ask this is here:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=414

the gulf coast departure boards.

but....as you enter the parking garage, they have self pay machine. i see no reason why they can't pay and drop it off. you would still need to call them and find out which floor they park at? i don't think it's that full...we parked on the 5th floor and it was 1/2 empty.

some of it would depend on what weekend activities are around the area and who is using the parking garage?

I can't remember if the self pay machine had a daily option? If they drop you off early (around 10-10:30) before the entrance to the garage gets busy they could ask the attendant in the booth there about doing that.

Hope you can open this link. It explains parking and prices at the Port of New Orleans. Just scroll down until you come to the Parking section.

Since it does mention $14.00 a day and don't see why your friends at drop off your car Friday night.

http://www.portno.com/pno_pages/cruises_passenger_info.htm#julia

Archived