Choice of items for Group?

Tara&Jas

I have one point left.... Which is the biggest bang for your buck?

Anyone know what size the bottle of champagne is?

Bon Voyage Champagne & chocolates

Bottle of house white or red wine in stateroom or at dinner

Photo coupon

Bon Voyage Memory Box

Carnival Tote Bag

Shared Cocktail Party

Thanks!

Photo coupon

Bon Voyage Memory Box

Carnival Tote Bag

Shared Cocktail Party

Thanks!

I think it depends on your group and what everyone wants based on likes/dislikes. I have provided all of the above to various groups, but again, based on what THEY perceive as the best "Bang for your buck" as you say. Talk to your group and see what interests them the most I say.

How many staterooms must you book to qualify for these perks?

You have to book as a group, and have at least 8 cabins (double occ), and then it will depend on how many points that particular sailing has...

Photo coupon

Bon Voyage Memory Box

Carnival Tote Bag

Shared Cocktail Party

Thanks!

We had the same dilemma and chose the shared cocktail party. The wine would have been nice, but how do you choose red or white? And some people don't drink wine at all, same with champagne. We thought with the price of drinks on the ship, an hour's worth of free drinks could go quite a long way ... drink fast everybody. :D

You have to book as a group, and have at least 8 cabins (double occ), and then it will depend on how many points that particular sailing has...

Thanks! I think I can easily get more than 8 cabins together for a group cruise on the Fantasy this summer. I'm going to look further into it now!

Thanks! I think I can easily get more than 8 cabins together for a group cruise on the Fantasy this summer. I'm going to look further into it now!

Definitely check it out. Not all cruises will have points, but you can use them for OBC, cocktail parties, champagne, photos, etc.

Not booking a group cruise - just wondering about it. I'll google it - thanks anyway.

A travel agent would have to tell you because each sailing has a certain number of group points, I don't think you could find any of that info on the internet. But any TA that does groups should be able to tell you...

Our group sailing this summer has the dilema that some drink and some do not. I want to be able to mix the points up so that the entire group will get what they want. Here is what we are having:

1. Shared group coctail party

2. Tote bags

3. OBC

I have not finalized this with Carnival, but after our final payements this month I will then do that.

I had one group that doesn't drink(they brought their own hymn books for a private Sunday service in one of their cabins). They were past guest as a group so they had the tote bags already. So I gave them the max on OBC. That way they could purchase their own special gift.

So you need 8 cabins double occupancy to be considered a group? Do "groups" get cheaper rooms? Or just the group perk? So say I had like 5 rooms with 16 people instead of 8 rooms double occupancy would they get the "group" perks? Just wondering. We are going in August '09 havent actually booked the rooms yet. But we have 4 different bookings to co-ordinate. So looks like it might get us close to "group" I think we are looking at 6 rooms so far.:D

So you need 8 cabins double occupancy to be considered a group? Do "groups" get cheaper rooms? Or just the group perk? So say I had like 5 rooms with 16 people instead of 8 rooms double occupancy would they get the "group" perks? Just wondering. We are going in August '09 havent actually booked the rooms yet. But we have 4 different bookings to co-ordinate. So looks like it might get us close to "group" I think we are looking at 6 rooms so far.:D

Normally you will need 8 rooms double occupancy. (3rd and 4th pax are discounted rates). Talk to a TA ...you can still open a group with what you have and try to get the 8 cabins...the TA may even be able to help you...

Normally you will need 8 rooms double occupancy. (3rd and 4th pax are discounted rates). Talk to a TA ...you can still open a group with what you have and try to get the 8 cabins...the TA may even be able to help you...

Thanks for the info I will talk to my TA. I appreciate the input.

Archived