A question for smokers

Can anyone tell me if cigarettes are any cheaper to buy in Vila?

I know where to go to buy the grog- Feng ?(you know where I mean),but is there a special place to buy smokes from, or is the ships prices much the same?

Thanks

Can anyone tell me if cigarettes are any cheaper to buy in Vila?

I know where to go to buy the grog- Feng ?(you know where I mean),but is there a special place to buy smokes from, or is the ships prices much the same?

Thanks

hi stacey, when we went on the PD recently the ship was discounting smokes by $16.00 per carton but you had to buy at that price before we reached vila, they had winfield reduced to $29.00 but at vila at the last duty free shop on the left they were $24.00 per carton

when we left vila the winfield were $45.00 per carton on the ship

they had longbeach 40's over the bar on board for $5.50 so if you bought 6 packets it = $33.00 but at the duty free shop they were $42.00 so it was cheaper to buy those loose over the bar a saving of $9.00

My friend is a smoker and found the duty free cartons cheaper at Fung Kwei in Vila.

Packets of smokes sold onboard at the bars were quite cheap. Winfield was about $5.00 a pack, from memory.

Make sure to take extra lighters...not sure if you can buy any onboard (maybe in the Duty Free shop but unsure).

HAPPY CRUISING!! :)

Hi Stacey

Recently sailed on Pac Dawn and was stung with the grog (bought it on the ship) but did well with smokes as they were a little dearer in Vila(depending on the brand) This was my 1st cruise, so I jumped at what i thought were shipboard bargains, but cried when my g/fs bought theirs at Fung Kwei.

Will buy ALL duty free in Vila next time.

cheers

Amanda

Hi Stacey

Recently sailed on Pac Dawn and was stung with the grog (bought it on the ship) but did well with smokes as they were a little dearer in Vila(depending on the brand) This was my 1st cruise, so I jumped at what i thought were shipboard bargains, but cried when my g/fs bought theirs at Fung Kwei.

Will buy ALL duty free in Vila next time.

cheers

Amanda

Thanks for the info :)

Does Fung Kwei accept aussie dollars or do we have to use credit card or local currency?

they take credit cards. most of the shops accept AUD so assume they do also. Our bill there is usually high so we put it on the card.

Dont forget they will also deliver your duty free back to the ship as long as you are before the cutoff time. That saves carting all those heavy bottles back and gives you free hands to wander around the local market at the ship

Archived