Kudos to Silver Moon

LisaDee

We were on the March 15th sailing of Serenade of the Seas and were looking forward to our Silver Moon catamaran sail and swimming with the turtles. Unfortunately that was the sailing when we couldn't dock in Barbados due to very large swells. I was so sad when I realized we were heading back out to sea :(

In addition to not getting to go on the excursion I wondered if I would ever get back the $180 deposit I made for the 4 of us. I had made our reservations six months out and paid the deposit upon booking.

So imagine my surprise when I got home and discovered that Ocean Adventures (who run Silver Moon) had refunded the deposit back to my credit card on that exact day that the excursion was scheduled for! I thought for sure I would have to send an email with a request and wait weeks to get the money back (if at all.)

I wanted to come here and let everyone know about our experience because I know some people (including me!) have a hesitancy to book excursions privately for this very reason of there being a change in the ship's itinerary.

Hopefully one day we'll get back to Barbados and finally get to swim with those turtles!

I am sorry you didn't get to go on this wonderful excursion...this is a highly reputable company so i am not surprised you already received your refund....

we took this tour in '06 and have already booked it for October....

hoping you get to go back soon and experience this catamaran sailing excursion..it is the BEST!!!! :)

Marsha

We took this excursion on our 2/6/08 cruise the cost was $105.00pp.This includes all drinks and lunch. They supply all the snorkel equipment and you do snorkel with the turtles.They will pick you up at the pier and bring you back at end of your trip.

How much was it going to be for 4 people? I am looking at taking 6 adults. Were you going to snorkle with turtles or just cruise?

The pricing depends on which Silvermoon Catamaran you are on. We were on Silvermoon II last week. The cost was $87.50 for adults. They accomodate up to 24 people but there were only 19 for our day. The have another trip that only takes 12 people. That is the more expensive option.

We thoroughly enjoyed our trip on Silvermoon II. We swam with the turtles and snorkeled over the shipwreck. The trip did include lunch and drinks. They also provide snorkel equipment if needed.

I would not hesitate to book Silvermoon again. Here are a couple of pics from our day.

Linda

0324hollycommand.jpg.a985f4eac8d51a35290e2fd22a969df7.jpg

0324hollysilvermoon.jpg.70c195d53411b95f4fa135039344f0f0.jpg

0324silvermoon.jpg.2f40486c20cf10395da74216171f65a2.jpg

We loved this excursion. We booked the Silvermoon II and ended up sailing on a different catamaran because the Silvermoon II was not available that day. There was around 10-12 people onboard.

I can't swim so I booked it for the cruise. I was still able to see the turtles as the staff will throw them food so they come to the surface.

To the OP - I am sorry your ship didn't get to dock in Barbados. I also hope that you have the chance to go back.

Archived