Mansur, the waiter

BarbGar

Had the most wonderful waiter on the Constellation and Galaxy. He is so accommadating and entertaining. If you are interested in the Galaxy at this time, please try to request his services in the dining room -- can't be beat.

Can't wait til my next Galaxy cruise.

"I love this job" is his favorite saying. We had him on the Galaxy in 2000 in alaska. He was wonderful! Two years later, our same group of 12 went to the Baltic Cruise on the Constellation and bumped into him again! He actually remembered us...not just to be nice, but recounted many of the stories of our first encounter. He truly is special. Mansur..the Man!

• 3 months later...
[quote name='Seabee']"I love this job" is his favorite saying. We had him on the Galaxy in 2000 in alaska. He was wonderful! Two years later, our same group of 12 went to the Baltic Cruise on the Constellation and bumped into him again! He actually remembered us...not just to be nice, but recounted many of the stories of our first encounter. He truly is special. Mansur..the Man![/QUOTE]

Mansur is indeed one in a million! He was our waiter on Galaxy in Feb 2004 and was both entertaining and professional. We learned right away to listen to his recommendations. On the first night he took the table's entree selections and accepted each order with a sharp "excellent" until he got to me. I ordered the pork and he didn't say it. His reply was that it was just pork. If I wanted meat, he said, "have the beef". (Maybe he is Muslim and doesn't do pork?) A table mate - Ron from Chicago mentioned that he liked the escargot very much and he was rewarded with about six servings. On lobster night, Mansur was conspicuously absent for a long period of time. When he reappeared, he had another serving of lobster for everyone. He had been camping out in the kitchen to get the extra helpings. We didn't do lunch in the dining room that much but when we did, he greeted us whether he was our waiter or not. At about mid-crusise a party of eight that we had never seen appeared at the table next to us. It seems they asked for a new waiter because of some problem with their original one. The maitre di must have known that Mansur could make them happy because he had them smiling for the rest of the cruise!

Mansur's assistant, Biliana, was a very nice girl from Romania. Between the two of them, dinner was always fun!

John in OHIO

Carinval Festivale 1986
Grand Princess 2002
Galaxy 2004
Carribean Princess 2005 (1/29)

• 1 year later...
There was a waiter Mansur on the Millie trans Nov 05. He worked in the Olympic at night and the Aqua Spa cafe during the day. He was absolutely delightful and always stopped to speak with us when we were at the T-pool.

Archived