1st Carnival - any irons ?

crystalclean

http://home-solutions.hsn.com/joy-mangano-850-watt-my-little-steamer-with-3-attachments_p-2433723_xp.aspx

I purchased one of these a few months ago, I've been breaking it in and VERY happy with it. I use it more than my big steamer now. My only regret, I didn't get a fun color!

There's a laundry room on every floor with cabins where you can try the iron if you dare.

are we still "smuggling" irons or are they available for our use on Carnival ships?

Location?

Waits?

Thanks! - - "Search" is down!

Please don't 'smuggle' an iron on any ship, they are a major fire hazard. And I have also heard of them being taken away when found during luggage xray.

http://home-solutions.hsn.com/joy-mangano-850-watt-my-little-steamer-with-3-attachments_p-2433723_xp.aspx

I purchased one of these a few months ago, I've been breaking it in and VERY happy with it. I use it more than my big steamer now. My only regret, I didn't get a fun color!

There's a laundry room on every floor with cabins where you can try the iron if you dare.

My wife has always taken a small travel iron on cruises and never had a problem.

Hey, thanks a lot for the great suggestion!!

I read all about it on HSN and then found one on Ebay, brand new in the original packaging with all attatchments for $17 including shipping.:D ( I got the sage green)

I will leave the iron at home!

RCL, Celebrity, NCL had no such "laundry rooms" - are these on each deck?
When you asked the question it appeared you had been on Carnival before (even though the post title is "First Carnival"). Thought maybe someone had told you they didn't have irons or you had to smuggle. That said most of the newer ships (like Freedom) have laundry on each passenger deck.

Deck 1 – Riviera: across from cabin 1359

Deck 2 – Main: across from cabin 2367

Deck 6 – Upper: across from cabin 6387

Deck 7 – Empress: across from cabin 7339

Deck 8 – Verandah: across from cabin 8351

Deck 9 – Lido: across from cabin 9270

Also, if you don't want to iron in the laundry room you can always bring a spray bottle of Downey Wrinkle Release, which works great. I found out about it on one of the other ship boards from someone. Just spray on and flatten on the fabric. Have used it at home too!

If you use the Wrinkle Releaser and want to do some touch up after be sure to put something between the garmet and the iron (like a bandana). The stuff gets gummy from the heat and sticks to the clothes and the iron - which won't make you happy or the person after you who needs to use that iron after you.

Archived