Taxi or Van to Canada Place?

Sorry for the post, because I am sure that has been covered before, but the search engine is down, so here I go....

We have 6 adults in our party which means we need to get all of us and all our luggage from the Sheraton Vancouver Walls Centre to Canada Place. We may have less but it will be close to 18 pieces of luggage. (2 checked pieces per person and a smaller carry-on) Any suggestion on how to get to the pier? I know that I could get 3 cabs, but would like us to stay together if possible.

Thanks in advance!

Sorry for the post, because I am sure that has been covered before, but the search engine is down, so here I go....

We have 6 adults in our party which means we need to get all of us and all our luggage from the Sheraton Vancouver Walls Centre to Canada Place. We may have less but it will be close to 18 pieces of luggage. (2 checked pieces per person and a smaller carry-on) Any suggestion on how to get to the pier? I know that I could get 3 cabs, but would like us to stay together if possible.

Thanks in advance!

I would order two vans, just one van would be tight. Order the morning you are checking out a few hours ahead, The Sheraton can do that for you

Thanks for the replies. I had not even thought to ask for vans from the taxi service. :o I had looked at Limos and they are not big enough for the suitcases, but some of them have 9-12 passenger vans as well, but it is really expensive for the 1.3 km to the pier.

I will contact a couple of taxi companies to look into minivans.

The shuttle does not stop at our hotel and I don' think it actually stops anywhere close.

Thanks again for you help!

Thanks for the replies. I had not even thought to ask for vans from the taxi service. :o I had looked at Limos and they are not big enough for the suitcases, but some of them have 9-12 passenger vans as well, but it is really expensive for the 1.3 km to the pier.

Most vans or limo services aren't going to be too interested in a oneway that is about a mile, however, you may be able to book them for an hour and have your group done in two runs as it's such a short distance.

My guess is that a few cabs is probably going to be your best bet, but be warned, most (not all) Vancouver taxis are typically SMALL CARS. Toyota Prius and Corollas are among the most common. If you're expecting a large full-size Chevy Caprice, that has all but disappeared in Vancouver unless you ask the cab company for something that is wheelchair accessable.

I suspect each cab will be in the $7-10 range, 3 of them is still going to be a lot cheaper than a custom van/limo transfer

Archived