Expedition ship Prince Albert II

Commesso

These cruises sound very interesting, but there is so little information available about them so far. I'm wondering if the luxury level is comparable to that on the traditional ships and if the Zodiac excursions and other outings (what kind of excursions are they?) at the remote stops are all included in the fare or are extras. When I hear things such as that caviar is no longer included (which it still was on our most recent SS cruise this past May), I don't think I should assume anything. If anyone has any more specific information, I would appreciate it. I've checked the link posted and the Silversea site, but I'd like to find out more. All we have received from Silversea is a one-page flyer.

Just got a venetion society promotion letter and they have discounted up to 50% on most of the cruises. I like the Sea of Cortez/Copper Canyon(Acapulco-Los Angeles) itinerarie in Sep. Good time to see the Copper Canyon but not a good time for whale watching.:rolleyes:

The pricing is almost half of the other expedition cruises there. Well, the others cruises in the sea of cortes include tours in their pricing. But I'm sure the service is not as good as expected on SS.

Does anybody have an idea of tours, pricing, etc.??? Nothing online,yet.

Now, convincing partner to try SS again is my problem.

If you are interested here is the link to the brochure just released on Prince Albert II by Silversea.

http://www.silversea.com/uploadedFiles/EX8110_DM.pdf

We have booked the Holiday Antarctica Itinerary and we can't wait to spend Christmas and New Year in Antarctica on luxury SS!

Note: The ship is ALL inclusive and all shore tours are included. You also receive a complimentary parka and backpack on polar voyages.

Cheers

If you are interested here is the link to the brochure just released on Prince Albert II by Silversea.

http://www.silversea.com/uploadedFiles/EX8110_DM.pdf

We have booked the Holiday Antarctica Itinerary and we can't wait to spend Christmas and New Year in Antarctica on luxury SS!

Note: The ship is ALL inclusive and all shore tours are included. You also receive a complimentary parka and backpack on polar voyages.

Cheers

I'm very interested, now!! The Holiday Antartica Itinerary sounds fantastic! I'm envious, (in a good way)

The Venetian Society deal was too good to pass up. We booked the Sea of Cortez (Acapulco to LA) and Antartic (Nov. 14 sailing) cruises. We don't spend much time in our rooms, so a somewhat smaller cabin is a small price for this type of adventure.

Anyone else booked for these? They haven't published much on what to bring, weight restrictions, etc.

We are booked for the February 9 Ushuaia to Ushuaia voyage. Although we were concerned about the inexperience of the cruise line in this area of the world, we've been somewhat reassured by the resumes of the expedition personnel found on Silversea's Website. We've been on four previous Silversea cruises, and are looking forward to the same quality and service we found on those. The cabins are VERY small, but so will be our wardrobe (no formal nights to pack for, but maybe cold-weather 'thick' clothing will make up for that found space!). We are really looking forward to the trip - almost a year away...

Archived