CVC Changing

gman0119

I got notice that Carnival Vacation Club is being changed to something else. I've tried calling a couple of times, but can't get through. Anybody have details on what is new, and what is going to be offered, cost, etc.?

I got notice that Carnival Vacation Club is being changed to something else. I've tried calling a couple of times, but can't get through. Anybody have details on what is new, and what is going to be offered, cost, etc.?

I got thru they are converting to carnival rewards costs 995 i deferred signing up til june has anybody converted ?

Hi,

By reading a lot of other replies from folks on this board. It really might not be a good idea!

That being said, I would say one would get the following!

istockphoto_308048_screw.jpg

Caveat Emptor (Buyer beware)

Lee

What does the $995 get you?

It is my understanding that this $995.00 is only offered to current members to extend their memberships. They are no longer selling original packages, since they are not allowed to sell them in the United States and all the offices on the Carnival ships are closed.

It is my understanding that this $995.00 is only offered to current members to extend their memberships. They are no longer selling original packages, since they are not allowed to sell them in the United States and all the offices on the Carnival ships are closed.

Thanks. I am a current member. I was just wondering what you get for $995. I have another 2 years till my membership runs out.

I updated myself, and posted this on the other thread. Here is the info.

I've been on the phone with the "New and Improved" CVC a few times in the last few days. It is another under company of ICE, called Vacation Rewards. When you agree to sign with them for the $995, you get 10,000 points. When you book your first cruise, you can redeem those points for up to $1000 discount of your room. You can use any cruise line, not just Carnival. For the next 3 years, until all CVC contracts run out, you will get the CVC perks, like priority boarding and leaving, VIP status, etc. After CVC ceases to exist, you get no perks like you had. Any cruises that you book through them are guaranteed lowest rate (if you meet the requirements), and you get 2 points for every dollar you spend THROUGH THEM on bookings of Cruises, condos, etc. You get 1 point per dollar for some other things like hotels, car rentals, flights. You also get some "free points" for joining that can be used for condo rental. I can't remember how many.

So is it a good deal??? Since your initial investment is paid back on your first cruise, it might be. If you cruise or travel a lot, then yes, I think it would be worth the money. If you plan on going on 1 or 2 cruises, and not much vacation in between, then maybe not. Just something you have to decide for yourself...

The new place has a web site that doesn't tell you anything. Vacationrewards.com If you read the fine print, such as the complete terms, it never tells you the sign up price of $995, but it will tell you the point values. The best value is the 10K = $1000. The others are less. Guess if I was running a company, and I had someone that was confident they were going to spend 5k, I'd be glad to let them earn a discount of 1/5th! (Hope you follow that math!)

Anyway, that is the scoop. If it helps or hurts, whatever. Look at my signature line...

I updated myself, and posted this on the other thread. Here is the info.

I've been on the phone with the "New and Improved" CVC a few times in the last few days. It is another under company of ICE, called Vacation Rewards. When you agree to sign with them for the $995, you get 10,000 points. When you book your first cruise, you can redeem those points for up to $1000 discount of your room. You can use any cruise line, not just Carnival. For the next 3 years, until all CVC contracts run out, you will get the CVC perks, like priority boarding and leaving, VIP status, etc. After CVC ceases to exist, you get no perks like you had. Any cruises that you book through them are guaranteed lowest rate (if you meet the requirements), and you get 2 points for every dollar you spend THROUGH THEM on bookings of Cruises, condos, etc. You get 1 point per dollar for some other things like hotels, car rentals, flights. You also get some "free points" for joining that can be used for condo rental. I can't remember how many.

So is it a good deal??? Since your initial investment is paid back on your first cruise, it might be. If you cruise or travel a lot, then yes, I think it would be worth the money. If you plan on going on 1 or 2 cruises, and not much vacation in between, then maybe not. Just something you have to decide for yourself...

The new place has a web site that doesn't tell you anything. Vacationrewards.com If you read the fine print, such as the complete terms, it never tells you the sign up price of $995, but it will tell you the point values. The best value is the 10K = $1000. The others are less. Guess if I was running a company, and I had someone that was confident they were going to spend 5k, I'd be glad to let them earn a discount of 1/5th! (Hope you follow that math!)

Anyway, that is the scoop. If it helps or hurts, whatever. Look at my signature line...

That sentence is the key. $1,000 off "what" price.

For example: If an Internet site will sell you a cruise for $2,500.00

and the same cruise from CVC costs you $3,500.00. Then you have just

sent your 10,000 points to "save" nothing.

Folks need to remember that these agencies are in business to make money.

No one is going to give you anything for free.

CVC controls the "price" you use this discount on...and again, that is key!!

Hi,

By reading a lot of other replies from folks on this board. It really might not be a good idea!

That being said, I would say one would get the following!

istockphoto_308048_screw.jpg

Caveat Emptor (Buyer beware)

Lee

Thats a good one

Don't worry, I thought the same thing when they kept saying "up to". I even asked what she meant by that. She said if the room was under $1000, then you would get the amount of the room.

As far as the pricing, you have to book through them, and they "guarantee" the best rate. When I read the contract for that, it excludes any "specials" such as group rates, and everything else. It is just the advertised price from just a travel site or through Carnival, etc.

I HAVE NOT bought into it, and doubt seriously that I will. If I was retired, and had money to blow, I might consider it more seriously.

I've been a cop for 25 years, and I like real information to be out over rumor, so that is why I was bringing this up. Am I guaranteeing that the sales woman was telling the truth? Oh HELL NO!!! This is just what I was told. Every person should read everything, and decide for themselves. I give less than a speck whether anyone does or doesn't buy into it.

Hope you all have a great weekend. I'll be wishing I was on a cruise!!!

Archived