Museum Ticket Question

I received reservations for the Uffizi and Accademia in Florence. They gave me a day and time, which is fine. My question is when do we pay? They didn't ask for any money. Do we pay when we pick up the tickets or did I miss a step.

I also want to know this because I want to reserve tickets in Rome but use the Roma Pass to get in.

Thanks

I received reservations for the Uffizi and Accademia in Florence. They gave me a day and time, which is fine. My question is when do we pay? They didn't ask for any money. Do we pay when we pick up the tickets or did I miss a step.

I also want to know this because I want to reserve tickets in Rome but use the Roma Pass to get in.

Thanks

I made my reservations for the Accademia online from their website. I picked my day and time and gave them my credit card number for payment. I did thid about 1 week ago for a cruise in June.

I made my reservations for the Accademia online from their website. I picked my day and time and gave them my credit card number for payment. I did thid about 1 week ago for a cruise in June.

Thanks. I guess maybe I need to call them and check it out. Strange that they did not ask me for any money, just took my name and number of party.

If you book in advance like this, and pay when you arrive, do you need to wait in the queue, or can you go up to the front of the line because you have a booking? Thanks.

My confirmation says to bring my confirmation and id to the ticket office 15 minutes prior to my appointment time.

We purchased tickets for Accademia 2 months out and paid via credit card. On the day we joined the queue on the left of the entry, the shorter one, about 5 minutes early and entered right on time. We presented our voucher at the ticket desk, they checked it against their list and we were handed our tickets. I noticed other people were asked to pay when their vouchers were checked.

I would assume you will be asked to pay when you hand over your voucher. If they don't ask for payment consider it an Act of God and make a donation to charity to ease your conscience.

We pre paid all our bookings to take advantage of better exchange rates as our dollar was fluctuating at the time we were booking everything.

David

Forgot to mention. If you book more than 30 days out for the Vatican you may not get any response until the Vatican allocates times to the company. When we booked we got an email to this effect the next day but I have noticed that since then others have not received any feedback until they are given the comfirmation and the booking number so they can display and print their vouchers.

Also if you are going to Accademia in Florence I will be intrested to see how you feel having seen Ms sculptures and frescos. We saw David about 2 days before we saw the Sistine Chapel and I am afraid I was dissapointed by the ceiling frescos compared with David. Also I found the Last Judgment rather depressing, especially as the guards move you away from the entry and it is hard to get back to have a closer look at it. I have since been reading books about his work and look forward to returning in the future to look for some of the detail that I have read about and also seeing some of his other work.

David

If you book in advance like this, and pay when you arrive, do you need to wait in the queue, or can you go up to the front of the line because you have a booking? Thanks.

When we went, there were 2 lines...the one to the right of the entrance (as you face it) was the long line for those without reservations.

There was a short line to the left for those with vouchers and prepaid tickets. We had vouchers and were directed to the ticket booth to pay.

When we went, there were 2 lines...the one to the right of the entrance (as you face it) was the long line for those without reservations.

There was a short line to the left for those with vouchers and prepaid tickets. We had vouchers and were directed to the ticket booth to pay.

Thanks for all the information. I called them up directly. The woman I spoke to gave me the appointment time and a reference number so that's all right. However, she did not ask for an email address so there won't be anything like a voucher. I am assuming, that I get in the short line, tell them my reference number and then pay. The woman on the phone didn't mention coming earlier than the scheduled time. I am supposing I'd better show up 15 to 30 minutes earlier to make sure I have that taken care of when it's time to go in. So, hopefully, with the Uffizi, scheduled for 10:45, if I get there at 10:15 to 10:30 it should be fine. from what I read on this thread.

Hi Freda,

Yes...just bring your confirmation # (no email confirmation for reservations) ... it took us about 15-20 minutes to get in. (I was getting a little anxious because of the number of people in the reservation line, but it moved quickly and we were inside about 5 minutes after our res. time.) Once you get to the entrance there will be someone there to direct you to the ticket counter where they'll again ask for your confirmation #.

It's been a few years, but a group of us made a reservation for timed tickets at the Uffizi, and like you, we paid nothing up front. When we got there, there was a window for "reserved tickets," or something like that, and we went right up to it with the reservation number. At that point, we gave them cash, they handed over the tickets, and we walked right in.

In so doing, we bypassed the mile-long, two-hour wait, line of folks who hadn't made reservations. (It was June, tourist-crunch time.) Man, were we glad we'd done this!

Do you have the website handy? I need to book tickets also

Thanks

Do you mean the Vatican? The website is www.vatican.va. You click on Vatican Museums, then info museums, then visitor services, then guided tours. That page gives you the prices for the guided tour and if you go all the way to the bottom it gives you the fax and email addresses to reserve. It looks like if you just want to go in, you need to stand in line to pay the regular entrance fee. The Vatican is closed on Sunday except the last Sunday of the month, I believe.

Yes, the Accademia is closed on Mondays. So is the Uffizi.

For the Accademia and the Ufizzi, I called them, they had the same phone number and I made reservations for both at the same time.

I had an interesting experience with the Accademia. They day I was in Florence there was a government strike going on and the Accademia was the only major musueum opened that day. There was a long line for the regular entrance, but I had a reservation and went to the reservation door. I showed my reservation number to the guard at the door and he let me in. I went through the security and got up to the ticket booth. I asked for tickets and was ready to be asked for my reservation. I was never asked and was charged the regular price. I was thrilled because I saved a couple of euros and was able to bypass the line.

I had an interesting experience with the Accademia. They day I was in Florence there was a government strike going on and the Accademia was the only major musueum opened that day. There was a long line for the regular entrance, but I had a reservation and went to the reservation door. I showed my reservation number to the guard at the door and he let me in. I went through the security and got up to the ticket booth. I asked for tickets and was ready to be asked for my reservation. I was never asked and was charged the regular price. I was thrilled because I saved a couple of euros and was able to bypass the line.

Sometimes things just work out very nicely.

• 4 weeks later...
Last May we got a confirmation number ahead of time and simply paid once we got into the museum. You absolutely do need that confirmation number.

Does anyone have the web address where I can reservce Uffizi tickets now and pay when I get there?

Thanx

Alex

we also called 011-39-055-284883. they were very helpful and made a rez for us. I was concerned about no pmt. and making sure we had the rez; but, they give you a confirmation # that gives some comfort.........

Mike

Archived