And here, on the Second of April, in the year 2008;

I hereby decree the start of

CRUISE SHIP SEASON

in the City of Vancouver

with the arrival of

Celebrity Mercury

mercury-1.jpg

mercury-2.jpg

DAMN IT! I was close enough to hear the PONG of people checking in and getting their glasses of Champagne, whereas I wont be boarding until December

Nice shots.Thank you. I am booked for August. First time with Celebrity. Does anyone know if that forward pool is a crew or a passenger area?

I'm sure it's a crew area. As for the photos, amazingly they were taken with my Blackberry. Vancouver's cruise terminal allows the public to walk all the way around, at/about the deck 9 level of the ship, so you can get amazingly close to the ship (probably about 50ft)

I also walked down and snapped some pictures with my phone camera, but I don't know how to get them off the phone!! Yours turned out much nicer. It was a lot of fun to go and gawk at the ship and think "4 months tomorrow!"

You didn't didn't get a picture of the palque commemorating the fact that I had sailed on her last August....poor show Scotbee!

They seem to come in earlier each year, they sure keep pushing the envelope. The Mercury seems to be the first to arrive each year and the last to leave. Last year she was cruising out in front of us here right into very late October.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived