"Guaranteed" Cabin Assignment

TB21984

Can someone explain this category? We're booked with a 'guaranteed cabin', sailing in 25 days. Will we know our assignment prior to the sailing (like week / days before) or do we have to wait till we actually arrive to find out our cabin ID? How do we do luggage tags if they are not assigned till boarding the ship?

Thanks. We've never done a reservation this way before.

With a guarantee, the cruiseline can assign you a cabin as late as the day you sail. Many times though you do get an assignment beforehand. With most cruiselines, you find out your assignment by looking at your reservation online. As to luggage tags, you will get those from the porters when you get to the pier. The porters will have a list with room assignments so you can get your luggage tags.

Can someone explain this category? We're booked with a 'guaranteed cabin', sailing in 25 days. Will we know our assignment prior to the sailing (like week / days before) or do we have to wait till we actually arrive to find out our cabin ID? How do we do luggage tags if they are not assigned till boarding the ship?

Thanks. We've never done a reservation this way before.

Hi. We did a guarantee cabin with Celebrity and received our cabin assignment about 45 days prior to our departure date. But it could vary, I guess, with different cruise lines. I would suggest calling your TA or the cruise line directly if you didn't book through a travel agent.

It really depends on how well the ship is selling! If cabins are still being booked, they'll wait to assign yours. If things have slowed, they may go ahead and give you a cabin number--but be aware that it can be changed all the way up until you board!

You are booked in a guarantee. They have different category's. Inside, Ocean View, Balcony. You are going to be guarantee what category you booked in or something higher. You payed a lower price.

Don't panic about not having a cabin assigned before sailing. You will have one. You can also ask your Travel Agent to keep an eye on this for you or you can check it on your sign in on the Cruise website as well. Or just call the Cruise Line before sailing to see where your at.

If you do not like to sail up front of the ship you may not want to consider doing this option. However, once you cabin is assigned you can see if they can move you but the space may be sold out.

Happy Sailing!;)

I have never had to wait on my cabin assignment, we have always know when we booked what room we were going to be in. Both thru booking with a travel agent and online thru the ship. We were never bumped either.

I have never had to wait on my cabin assignment, we have always know when we booked what room we were going to be in. Both thru booking with a travel agent and online thru the ship. We were never bumped either.

That means you were not booked in a GURAANTEE. Thats why you didnt have to wait on cabin assignemnt. There is several different categorys to book and one of them which this topic is about is (Cagetory - Guranntee).

Archived