Kids on Pacific sun question

mickalex

Our youngest{son} will be 1 month shy of 3 years old when we leave on the cruise july 31. His sister's 4 and 6 will be in Turtle Cove and he is big for his age {i know this matters little most times with age limits etc}.

I was hoping someone might know if or have been allowed a 2 year 11 month old in Turtle Cove with other siblings for periods without an adult??

I am hoping they might let us of the 3 year old rule for even a few hours a day etc.

All three get on like a house on fire and the oldest boy{9} will be in the Shark Shack.

I searched but could not find answers!

Thanks all

Mick

Definetly NOT! We tried that ourselves on our 1st cruise when our son was the similar age and they dont allow it for safety reasons. You may stay with him but never will they allow him to be left alone with you. I found it a pain when we travelled with him at the 2.5 yr age group as he got bored and we never got to do anything as a couple but having said that we had a ball of a time anyway. Sorry that I havent been much help with the bad news!P&O are really strict about this.

Take care and have fun!

Thank you Anissa for the very prompt reply!

I thought it might be the case, but thats one of the joys of having kids:)

What about using the babysitter service for him in Turtle cove? Or do they only babysit in the rooms? Would that be a way around it to give us a few hours every other day?

Sorry for all the questions.

mick

Maybe you could find another family on board who are in a simlar position and swap babysitting for an evening or even for a few hours during the day

They are quite strict on age groups but maybe if you are cruising outside of school holidays and very few kids on boards and your under 3 is toilet trained there might be a better chance

Does your little one still nap during the day?

Great idea's Anissa. No he does not nap during the day anymore, has not for the last 6 months or so.Should be perfectly toilet trained by the cruise as he is getting very good now.

Thank you for your great advice, finger crossed one of the above will work.:D

What about using the babysitter service for him in Turtle cove? Or do they only babysit in the rooms? Would that be a way around it to give us a few hours every other day?

Sorry for all the questions.

mick

No babysitting service in the rooms. Basically, if they're under 3 they're with you 24/7. However, as kaseyoz said, if there's not many kids on board they maybe willing to be a bit lenient. The reason I say this is because fellow CCer kazza1 had her older 2 in Shark Shack & youngest in Turtle Cove on our Dawn cruise. Her boys were 6,7 & 11. Anyway, the 6 & 7 year olds spent a lot of their time together, sometimes in Shark Shack & sometimes in Turtle Cove as neither of them were full. But as Anissa said the under 3 thing could be more of a safety issue (although as both you & I know 1 month isn't going to make much of a difference but it will if something happens).

It certainly won't hurt to ask once on board.

Hi Mick

I wouldn't like to count on them being lenient at all!! We were supposed to go on a cruise with another family and her daughter was 7 on the 2nd day of the cruise and they would not let her go in the Shark Shack with the other siblings. We even wrote letters to P & O but to no avail. So my friend ended up delaying her cruise by 3 weeks just so all kids could be together.

Sorry about the bad news but like someone said you just never know till you are there.(fingers crossed for you)

Thank you Karen and Catherine. Fingers crossed but i will not hold my breath, hopefully the cruise will be half full still, all the kid allocations available etc 118 days out and still all classes available on the PS {upgrade would be nice but unlikely with 2 x triple cabins oustide already, i would imagine}.

We are used to the kids 24/7 and our time is usually after 8pm at night when my wife is home {she works 500km away and comes home weekends}. Yes i am Mr Mum at the moment and loving it, it has sure improved my organisational skills with two at home during the day.

Mick

Yes i am Mr Mum at the moment and loving it, it has sure improved my organisational skills with two at home during the day.

Mick

Not as easy as going out to work most of the time is it?:) Much more rewarding though.

Archived