New: Vatican Museum Tour Reservations by E-mail

Reserving tickets for guided tours of Vatican Museum/Sistine Chapel via their official website just got easier with the addition of an e-mail link. (Previously it was by fax only.)

As per post #11 on this thread, they were able to confirm a reservation by e-mail. (note: this is for reservations only ... payment is made upon arrival.) http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=747389

Here's the link to the Vatican Museum's website with full details: http://mv.vatican.va/3_EN/pages/z-Info/MV_Info_Servizi_Visite.html

Scroll down to the bottom of the page to the e-mail link (past the part where it says that you can only reserve by Fax ).

But the news is not all positive ... the ticket price has jumped by €6 to €29,5 ... a pretty big increase, but still very much worth it.

Reserving tickets for guided tours of Vatican Museum/Sistine Chapel via their official website just got easier with the addition of an e-mail link. (Previously it was by fax only.)

As per post #11 on this thread, they were able to confirm a reservation by e-mail. (note: this is for reservations only ... payment is made upon arrival.) http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=747389

Here's the link to the Vatican Museum's website with full details: http://mv.vatican.va/3_EN/pages/z-Info/MV_Info_Servizi_Visite.html

Scroll down to the bottom of the page to the e-mail link (past the part where it says that you can only reserve by Fax ).

But the news is not all positive ... the ticket price has jumped by €6 to €29,5 ... a pretty big increase, but still very much worth it.

The above email address is such an improvement! Last year I started faxing the Vatican for ticket reservations several months before our Med cruise. I never got a return fax, so I sent several more, all the while paying the long distance telephone charges to Italy. I was careful to include all required information, too. No return fax. I checked and double checked that I had the correct codes and fax number. I used the one that had worked for many others on this board. In a last ditch effort, since we had heard nothing a day or two before we were scheduled to fly to Italy for our cruise, I did get an email address from someone on this board and "begged" that someone would contact me through my email address to let me know if I had reservations. So we spent more $$ using the ship's internet connection to check our email several times a day on board. Nothing, Nada. When we actually arrived at the Vatican our names were NOT on any list and so we just took the headset tour by ourselves. This did not spoil our trip, but it sure would have been nice to have secured those reservations for their tour as apparently my fax machine wasn't working right or something like that. I had even tried one of those internet fax sites to send the message when I got no answer through my own aged facsimile machine, but got no response through that method either! I am not one to give up easily, but that was a very frustrating :mad: experience when trying to plan our short, one day in Rome! I am sure I spent far more vainly trying to obtain those tour ticket reservations then the increase in price they have now imposed.

The above email address is such an improvement!

What an ordeal! I was much luckier with one attempt and a confirmation a few days later but there have been some complaints here about the process of faxing, so yes, a big improvement!

I will check out the site again. Thanks for posting about this. I know from previous messages posters said you are supposed to fax only 1 month ahead. Does that also apply now to e-mail, if you know? Thanks! Going in Novemer.

Archived