Dolphin Swim, Snorkeling & Shopping

Zobrina

In Cozumel. we would like to do the Dolphin "Swim", snorkeling and of course some want to shop. Does anyone know of an excursion that you can get all this in. We are grandparents traveling with children and grandchildren - ages 12-17. Also, is it Dolphin Discovery? Any recommendations appreciated. Oh, can you just watch at the Dolphin Swim? Oh my, I'm tired already.:)

You can take a cab from the pier to Chankanaab national park. It should be $3 per person or so for the trip. Here is a link to book, http://www.cozumelinsider.com/Dolphin . You can also snorkel at the park, and depending on what time your swim is, you should have time for shopping at the pier when you return. The park also has a swimming pool. Right now there is a two hour time difference from ships time, so be sure to remember that when you book. You can certainly just watch the dolphin swim, but I would encourage you to do it! We did the royal swim and it was amazing! I am going back in a few weeks with my mom, (she is 75) sisters and nieces to do it again!

In Cozumel. we would like to do the Dolphin "Swim", snorkeling and of course some want to shop. Does anyone know of an excursion that you can get all this in. We are grandparents traveling with children and grandchildren - ages 12-17. Also, is it Dolphin Discovery? Any recommendations appreciated. Oh, can you just watch at the Dolphin Swim? Oh my, I'm tired already.:)

Dolphin Discovery is in Chankanaab Park. Chank offers a very nice beach with a restaurant and beach waiters. You will not be able to get close to the Dolphin encounter, but hopefully your family will be in the first pool and you can watch from the boardwalk. I would suggest that you ask if you can walk over to the pool, they might allow you too. (they let my DH while I was swimming).

Once you spend a good part of the day in Chank, you can take the cab ride back to the shopping district for a couple of hours. Depending on what pier you are docked at, you may be able to walk to your ship from downtown.

Check out www.dolphindiscovery.com and you can get special offers on entry fees to the park, if you book online. You didn't mention how many people were in your group, but I'm assuming you have 6. If that is so, the cab fare will be somewhere in the neighborhood of $25 one way for all in a van. I suggest this, instead of taking two cabs.

Archived