Best fishing/snorkel combo?

Mags65

My husband and I will be in Cozumel on May16, and are looking for a combination fishing and snorkeling tour. Has anyone done this or have any recommendations?

Just as a heads-up, Cozumel hosts an annual fishing tournament, the Rodeo de Lanchas Mexicanas each year in May. This year the schedule is May 16, 17 & 18. The actual fishing dates are May 17 & May 18. I suggest you book quickly with your chosen company. Almost everyone participates in this tournament, but since Friday, May 16 is not a fishing date, you can probably acquire charter experience you seek. There isn't a better fishing month in Mexico's Caribbean than May.

Thanks, Jim. I contacted a company that seems to have a good reputation that said that in May we would most likely be fishing "north" and although they do have Marine park permits, it wouldn't make sense to travel "south" to snorkel when there is some nice snorkeling north as well. Does that make sense to you? Thanks for your help.

Thanks, Jim. I contacted a company that seems to have a good reputation that said that in May we would most likely be fishing "north" and although they do have Marine park permits, it wouldn't make sense to travel "south" to snorkel when there is some nice snorkeling north as well. Does that make sense to you? Thanks for your help.

Not at all. There is near no time of year when heading north is better fishing then south of the island. I am guessing the company does not have marine park permissions for their fishing boats; not all do. You might have to search a little bit but there are a few companies who have or represent boats that can do both the events you want in the best places. Fishing to the south of the island and snorkeling inside the protected marine park.

Archived