No OBC showing yet!?!

FloridaLaura

Am I the only one not hearing a thing about my OBC for the fuel surcharge?

I have email and called (left message) for my PVP re: my refund of fuel surcharge for my upcoming cruise ( 23 days ) and have not heard a thing.

I also checked on carnival.com under my booking and still see no credit showing up. I realize that there are alot of refunds due, but alot of folks have gotten confirmation already.

I put my full deposit on 3 cabins back in July 2007, made my final pmt February 1st and am sailing on April 26th 2008

Any thoughts

We seem to be in the same boat so to speak. Booked five cabins in Sep for May cruise. Put down full $250 per person deposit. Paid in full before the deadline. Have not heard from PVP or Carnival, and the surcharge is still showing up on our reservations on the Carnival site. I've been trying to be patient, knowing it can sometimes take a couple of days for things like this to get processed. However, I think we should have heard something by now.

Ya'll need to be a little more patient. Carnival is dealing with many, many thousands of Surcharge refunds. If you are leaving in 23 days, I wouldn't start to worry until you are about to leave in 3 days. I was told by the Carnival Rep that it would take about a week to be credited. I have also heard from others they were told two weeks. It has only been three days. Just try and give them a little more time. Don't worry.... Be Happy! :D

Yes I guess patience is a virtue :)

I just keep hearing about others saying they got theirs already ( or at least notified) and I really do not want to hassle with it at the pursers desk the first day.

But I will practice patience and stop checking my booking every 20 minutes and my email account every 10 minutes lol

I called yesterday and was told I would not receive any notification about the $. That it would just be added to my onboard acct. when I arrived at the ship. i asked if i would need any documentation and she said no.

I leave on April 13th.

hayley

I called yesterday and was told I would not receive any notification about the $. That it would just be added to my onboard acct. when I arrived at the ship. i asked if i would need any documentation and she said no.

I leave on April 13th.

hayley

thanks hayley good to know, cause I do not think I kept any documentation re: fuel surcharge now being charged :rolleyes:

Am I the only one not hearing a thing about my OBC for the fuel surcharge?

I have email and called (left message) for my PVP re: my refund of fuel surcharge for my upcoming cruise ( 23 days ) and have not heard a thing.

I also checked on carnival.com under my booking and still see no credit showing up. I realize that there are alot of refunds due, but alot of folks have gotten confirmation already.

I put my full deposit on 3 cabins back in July 2007, made my final pmt February 1st and am sailing on April 26th 2008

Any thoughts

I'm in the same boat (pardon the pun - we're leaving the same day on different ships). I sent an e-mail to my usually responsive PVP and haven't heard back. I plan to call Carnival.

I'm in the same boat (pardon the pun but we actually may be on the same boat as I'm going out on 4/26 as well). I sent an e-mail to my usually responsive PVP and haven't heard back. I plan to call Carnival.

I will be on the Glory (eastern ) out of Pt. Canaveral, where is Liberty sailing from? PS Have a great time!!!

FloridaLaura,

We sail Saturday and there's nothing showing up on our booking info on Carnival.com nor have I received any emails or calls from Carnival about the fuel supplement policy change.

Our bookings were made and fully deposited one year ago so I have no doubt we qualify.

I have not emailed, called or made any effort to contact Carnival about it either.

I am also not concerned about it at all. I know they'll either have the OBC on our account when we arrive, or they'll fix it some time during or after our cruise. I guess it's safe to say that I am in cruising mode! :D

I will be on the Glory (eastern ) out of Pt. Canaveral, where is Liberty sailing from? PS Have a great time!!!

Yup, I just saw your detail and edited my post. We're sailing out of Fort Lauderdale.

I just hope we all don't have to go to purser's desk to fight this out with them on the ship. I don't need the aggravation on my vacation. To be honest, I'd like something from them NOW.

FloridaLaura,

We sail Saturday and there's nothing showing up on our booking info on Carnival.com nor have I received any emails or calls from Carnival about the fuel supplement policy change.

Our bookings were made and fully deposited one year ago so I have no doubt we qualify.

I have not emailed, called or made any effort to contact Carnival about it either.

I am also not concerned about it at all. I know they'll either have the OBC on our account when we arrive, or they'll fix it some time during or after our cruise. I guess it's safe to say that I am in cruising mode! :D

You are a model cruiser, relaxed thru and thru, I on the other hand am not :D

Hi All..this is a copy of the email I received from my TA the other day about this....hope it helps.....

Our cruise leaves on August 5th out of NYC so we fall into the #3 category, and my TA already sent an updated invoice.

Regards.....Matt

"We are pleased to let you know that many of the cruise lines have agreed to refund the additional fuel surcharge for clients who booked their cruise prior to November 7, 2007.

Carnival Corporation who owns the brands of Carnival, Princess, Holland America, Costa, Cunard, and Seabourn made their announcement this week and this is how it will work:

1--For cruises departing on or before April 4, 2008,

the client will receive a credit to their credit card

2--For cruises departing from April 5th to June 23, 2008,

clients will receive a ship board credit in the amount

of the fuel surcharge.*

3--For cruises departing on or after June 24, the booking

will be adjusted at the final payment."

Where do you look to see the OBC? I'm supposed to have $100 OBC from booking a group cruise.

I looked at my reservation on carnival.com,click on manage my booking, then I click on modify booking and there you will see the charge for the cabins, the fuel surcharge, and there is a place for any credits. Of course mine is blank at the moment but hopefully soon it will show my refund!

I think the only way it will show up there is if you book wtih Carnival directly, or at least that has been my experience in the past. When booked with a TA, my OBC only shows up once I'm onboard.

I think the only way it will show up there is if you book wtih Carnival directly, or at least that has been my experience in the past. When booked with a TA, my OBC only shows up once I'm onboard.

Thanks Lucy, I appreciate that. I figured that would be the case. I booked with a TA and have never been able to see my balance.

I'm in the same boat (pardon the pun - we're leaving the same day on different ships). I sent an e-mail to my usually responsive PVP and haven't heard back. I plan to call Carnival.

Waving "Hi" we are on the same sailing with you :) If you get a response back from your PVP can you please post the outcome on the roll call board for our sailing? I'm sure it would help everyone over there and save alot of calls to Carnival to find out. Hope to see you at the meet n greet :)

Ya'll need to be a little more patient. Carnival is dealing with many, many thousands of Surcharge refunds. If you are leaving in 23 days, I wouldn't start to worry until you are about to leave in 3 days. I was told by the Carnival Rep that it would take about a week to be credited. I have also heard from others they were told two weeks. It has only been three days. Just try and give them a little more time. Don't worry.... Be Happy! :D

I agree....be patient. There are a lot of refunds going out and I am sure they are working as quickly as possible. I would would give it a week at least since they just announced the surcharge refund...wasnt it just this week:confused:

I agree....be patient. There are a lot of refunds going out and I am sure they are working as quickly as possible. I would would give it a week at least since they just announced the surcharge refund...wasnt it just this week:confused:

Yes it was just this week, but as my original post stated, alot of folks have seen their credit already so I was just curious if more people than not are getting them so soon! I am being patient (kinda) :p

Archived