LGA Hotel - Holiday Inn or Best Western or Other?

CdnJeff

I will be staying at a hotel near Laguardia in May for 1 night. Has anyone stayed at the Holiday Inn Laquardia Airport or the Best Western City View?

Those are two hotels that I can use "points" to stay at so I thought I would inquire about them first.

Any other suggestions?

Thanks

I will be staying at a hotel near Laguardia in May for 1 night. Has anyone stayed at the Holiday Inn Laquardia Airport or the Best Western City View?

Those are two hotels that I can use "points" to stay at so I thought I would inquire about them first.

Any other suggestions?

Thanks

Best Western-you mean the one on Greenpointe Ave???? Not very close to LGA. But not a bad place if you can use hotel points. No airport shuttle.

Stay away from the Holiday Inn LaGuardia. Just my opinion-but I think the NYC welfare dept has a contract with both the LGA and JFK Holiday Inn's. I have never seen such riff raff in my life-screaming, out of control kids with no parents in sight, people roaming the hallways all night, boxes and boxes and boxes of stuff piled in lobbies and hallways. The couple of times I have stayed at both LGA and JFK, it really appeared that people had gotten thrown out of their houses/apts and moved in there. Maybe domestic violence cases??? Stay someplace else. I have stayed at the best and worst in NYC. I was NOT comfortable at either Holiday Inn.

Your hotel points should get you the Crowne Plaza, LGA. Maybe too many points, but the Crowne is the hotel I really like around LGA. The Marriott is across the road-the back rooms look over the runways if you are into plane spotting. Both the Crowne and Marriott have hotel shuttles, restaurants, bars and are usually available on Priceline for $100.00 or less.

Archived