Caribbean 2009

tromvest

The X website shows Galaxy S. Carib. dates through 4/13/09. After that no one seems top know yet what is going to happen to her. Rumors have been rampant here that she is going to be taken out of Celebrity's service. :eek:

We are booked on Galaxy for the Jan. 19 S. Carib cruise and I hope this won't be our last one on her.

Some think the same thing will happen to Mercury--another favorite of ours.

I guess we will just have to wait and see.

Thanks Chessbriar. Do you mind if I ask what you mean by "short" vs. "longer"? Is Celebrity doing 3-4 day Caribbean cruises? Or do I misunderstand?

Hi Bill !

Short probabaly means the 4/5 night sailings that Century currently does from December - April. It will be interesting to see if Century continues to do this itinerary in 2009/2010. My guess is that 1 Celebrity ship will continue to do it. Longer likely refers to Cruises 7 days or more. I hope this helps.

When will these schedules be released? I hope that Celebrity keeps the Galaxy and puts her in the Caribbean for the summer.

Hi Tromvest !

I'd love to see it happen too, especially if it is truly the end of the line for Galaxy. It would be nice to have a chance to sail on her 1 last time. With that said, I think it is very unlikely, but we can hope.

Archived