I need Cuban food!

cruisecrzy

Does anyone have a good idea where we can go to get good, not fancy, Cuban food? We are staying at the Holiday Inn and have been to Bongos. We would like to try someplace where the food is more important than the decor. We would prefer not to have to invest a lot of time or money in a cab ride, so some place not too far away?

I don't want much do I! LOL!

Does anyone have a good idea where we can go to get good, not fancy, Cuban food? We are staying at the Holiday Inn and have been to Bongos. We would like to try someplace where the food is more important than the decor. We would prefer not to have to invest a lot of time or money in a cab ride, so some place not too far away?

Did I miss what city you will be in? If Tampa, go to the Columbia Restaurant in Ybor City.

Does anyone have a good idea where we can go to get good, not fancy, Cuban food? We would like to try someplace where the food is more important than the decor. We would prefer not to have to invest a lot of time or money in a cab ride, so some place not too far away?

Take a cab for a 12 minute cab ride to Little Havana. Many, many mom and pop restaurants or you can go to the most renowned, Versailles. The Cuban food doesn't get any better then what you find in Little Havana. ;)

For your wants...there's actually a couple of small places on the first floor of BaySide....just scope out the menus and stay away from the chain crud.....

I won't say it is the BEST but it is pretty damn good and you don't need a cab.....

If you want the cab.....Ver' is good obviously as is any of the LaCarretta locations.

Or try this....ask the desk person, who 9 of 10 times will be of Cuban decent, where you can get some decent Cuban close by....

Or screw all that and go to Tobacco Road and listen to some GREAT Blues ... you can eat on the cruise!

Grab a cab to go to "Versaille" in Little Havana on 8th street.Every cabbie in Miami will know where it is. You also run a better chance of finding someone who speaks English. There is actually a very good place on the first floor of Bayside that I found to be good and pretty authentic, they make excellent Tres Leche.

Anytime you see a "walk up "window serving coffee chances are they are serving Cuban food. I love cortadito after dinner.

But of course, the best can be found at my friend Eva's house in Little Havana. Her mom is the BEST cook. :)

For your wants...there's actually a couple of small places on the first floor of BaySide....just scope out the menus and stay away from the chain crud.....

I won't say it is the BEST but it is pretty damn good and you don't need a cab.....

If you want the cab.....Ver' is good obviously as is any of the LaCarretta locations.

Or try this....ask the desk person, who 9 of 10 times will be of Cuban decent, where you can get some decent Cuban close by....

Or screw all that and go to Tobacco Road and listen to some GREAT Blues ... you can eat on the cruise!

But of course, the best can be found at my friend Eva's house in Little Havana. Her mom is the BEST cook. :)

Please introduce me to your friends mom ....... :p

I loveeee Cuban food. I used to work in a cuban cafe once upon a time and we made the best Cafe con leches and pulled pork sandwiches. I am jealous that you're going to Miami - I was just looking at some resorts to visit there earlier today - did you consider this one?

http://www.club.royal-holiday.com/index.php?fuseaction=home.resort&id=202

Archived