Seattle to Hawaii

Lynda90

Hello Everyone,

I hope I'm welcome on this board. I have cruised mostly with Princess but also did a cruise on HAL to Alaska which I absolutely loved. I am looking at the HAL cruise from Seattle to Hawaii and wondered if anyone has done this one and what information you might have. Living in the Portland, Oregon area, makes it rather convenient to be able to drive to Seattle.

Thanks so much for your help.

Hi--

As you can see we live in the Seattle area, and did this cruise on the Amsterdam this past April/May.

It was wonderful not to have to deal with airports, security etc., and simply drive to the pier. We had good wx the entire trip--and tho I always bring Bonine only took it once, and didn't really need it then. It started to warm up the 3rd day out of Vancouver.

We've been to Hawaii many times, so the ship itself was "the destination" for us. If you have been on the Amsterdam, you already know how lovely she is. This is a very relaxing, low key trip. If you go, be sure to get up early(as soon as it is light) and watch the approach to Kauai and Nawiliwili.

It was the highlight of the 18 days for me. We did no tours, so I can't be of any help there.

Would be happy to answer any specific concerns you may have. This was our 11th HA cruise, with 3 booked next year---one of which is the January 5 Hawaii/Tahiti out of San Diego. Have you looked at that? You can tell we enjoyed the Hawaii cruise enough to book a repeat(with a little added) less than a year later!

Janet

Thank you, Jan. We are actually the same kind of cruiser as you are. We won't do any tours either. On our Alaska cruise we were on the Amsterdam and it is a beautiful ship. It sounds like you had a great time. What type of stateroom were you in. I was in the Verandah suite, B category, I think and I loved having the balcony. But the prices are so expensive on the Hawaii cruise. I have looked at the trip from San Diego on HAL and from LA on Princess. They all look great, but my Mom hates to fly, so that's why we are looking at the Seattle/Hawaii cruise. I have also been to Hawaii many times (never on a cruise, though) and I love it there. Thanks again for your response.

Hello Again--

To answer your question, we had a suite ---7026 on the port side. Seems to me that as long as you book an A, B, or S, you'll be happy. On this next trip--which is 30 days--we have an A , but starboard side.

We chose port side this past spring to view the night sail by of the volcano on the Big Island. However, as far as we were concerned that was a "non event". You are sooo far away, and unless there is lots of flow, you really see very little---just a red glow in the distance. Others may feel differently, but that was our opinion.

Regardless, I'm sure you and your Mother will enjoy this cruise.

Janet

Thanks, Janet. I am so envious of your 30 day cruise. Maybe when I retire I might be able to take a long one. But, right now while I am working I would never be able to be gone that long. I think you are correct about which categories we would be most happy in. Now, well have to start throwing those pennies in a jar. :D :D

Does anyone know what cruises are available from Seattle in late June.

We went to Alaska last year and it was wonderful---but wanted to do something else this year. We will already be in Seattle for a June 25th wedding

and wondered if it is too late in the season to catch a cruise to Hawaii.??

:rolleyes: Any advice will be appreciated.

Archived