a decent cup of coffee???

kmavb

We will be going on the NCL SUN to Alaska in May 2008.

Wondering where you can get a decent cup of coffee on the ship. Any suggestions? I'm used to Starbucks. And how much does it cost? Or is it included in the price of the cruise?

And I'm a bit confused as to the pricing for drinks. What type of drinks are free during the cruise? And when are they not free??? For example...do you get juices for free during breakfast in the main dining rooms?

And I'm a bit confused as to the pricing for drinks. What type of drinks are free during the cruise? And when are they not free??? For example...do you get juices for free during breakfast in the main dining rooms?

Juice is always free at breakfast (unless you want to mix it with alcohol). If you purchase juice at a bar I believe that there will be a charge.

We thought coffee is one the things NCL (unlike princess and RCI) does right...we found the regular coffee available in the dining rooms and buffet of the POAM to be fine...and there were free self-service cappuccino /latte/espresso machines in the buffet as well. Not sure if this is the case fleet-wide however.

There is no coffee on the Star. There's this black Drain-o instead that will instantly give you heartburn. You MAY be able to find decent espresso or cappuccino. IF you have have butler service AND Roland is your butler you can get a decent cup for coffee from his room service. It's an oasis.

Luckily the food is SUPERB on the Star.

The coffee on the Pearl isn't too bad. Food is OK, Star is better, but on the Pearl Le Bistro is the BEST on any NCL ship so far, and the Cagney's is superb.

Coffee on the Dawn isn't as good as the Pearl but is FAR better than the Star, but the food isn't as good.

I remember the coffee on the Dream, the Jewel and the Spirit being like the Dawn's.

Coffee like most food is a matter of taste. I personally do not like regular Starbuck coffee.

On Princess the coffee is canned not fresh brewed except in the dining room

On Royal Caribbean all coffee is Seattle's Best and fresh brewed which makes it better then Princess canned coffee.

Someone mentioned Drano coffee, its better than the canned coffee.

Next time I go I'm bringing a french press and making my own. The coffee on the Pearl was so weak I had to resort to drinking straight espresso shots from the self service machine.

Sounds like you might have a slight caffeine addiction!!

There is no coffee on the Star. There's this black Drain-o instead that will instantly give you heartburn.

LOL that is so true! The cappuccino was ok on the Gem but I did go right to starbucks once we docked in the Bahamas:)

Next time I go I'm bringing a french press and making my own. The coffee on the Pearl was so weak I had to resort to drinking straight espresso shots from the self service machine.

The coffee in the dining room on the Gem was pretty good

Archived