What to wear onboard during the day?

Can I wear yoga pants, a tee shirt and lightweight wrap around sweater for sea days on our Alaska cruise? Maybe with ballet flats or other kind of slip on? I am thinking of how to pack less and combine travel clothes with day clothes.

Absolutely! I prefer athletic wear personally to jeans when in Alaska. Less bulk and easy to layer.

Not sure when you are traveling but if it is early or late in the season you will likely need to wear warmer clothing. IME, it can be in the 40s and 50s daytime in late May, early June which is our preferred time to cruise Alaska.

Thanks!

We're going in late August and are planning to take warmer things for on deck and excursions. I am more thinking of times when we're hanging out inside the ship with the kids. I've ordered black yoga pants and a couple of tops to mix n match.

I too wore jeans during the day on the ship/excursions during the day around the ship. Perfect for damp days. And comfy. I think yoga pants would be perfectly fine as well on the ship. Might be too thin in ports for shopping, excursions and such. Have a great one....Alaska cruise has been my fav cruise to date!

Can I wear yoga pants, a tee shirt and lightweight wrap around sweater for sea days on our Alaska cruise? Maybe with ballet flats or other kind of slip on? I am thinking of how to pack less and combine travel clothes with day clothes.

The best advice that I was given on packing is to choose two colors & stick with that. For example: black & white, pack only black & white pants & tops that go with both, shorts, capris etc same thing. It really does work + plan on wearing everything twice. Have fun planning.

Jan

I wore wind pants on board the ship and for most of our excursions. They were just as comfortable as yoga pants but really help cut down on the coolness of some of our excursions. I even wore cuddle duds under the wind pants for our whale watching tour and helicopter tour. Even though we had great weather in June and I am from North Dakota I still was a little cold on some days. Enjoy your trip to Alaska, it is amazing!

Thanks!

We're going in late August and are planning to take warmer things for on deck and excursions. I am more thinking of times when we're hanging out inside the ship with the kids. I've ordered black yoga pants and a couple of tops to mix n match.

I think it would work-and be sure to take a couple of hooded jackets, plus a water proof jacket. I found especially when in the glaciers we needed to layer. I also brought a scarf and gloves. I would have on my lightweight hooded jacket, with the waterproof hooded jacket over it and the scarf and gloves when out on deck while in the glaciers. This kept me warm but also kept me from needing a bulky winter coat, so easier packing.

I know we went in late May, Memorial Day week and the highs hit around 60 but felt much colder in the glaciers because of that wet blowing mist that is pretty much constant there.

Our friends cruised Labor Day week the year before and they had similar temps to what we had. I guess early in the season and late in the season, it is cooler.

Archived