Opinions wanted on Eastern Med. Cruise!

tisue2006

Those who have been on the Eastern Med. Cruise, could you tell me some fun excursions that you have been on. I would love to hear your opinions on this cruise and the Carnival Freedom. Are excursion prices Per person? what is the cheapest way to do some sightseeing on your own at some ports.

I have ports where we are going to be spending a lot of money and then there are those where I would like to get off the boat for awhile but not spend much money and walk around or go to a beach.

Any ideas or thoughts are welcomed!!

- Christina

A friend & I did the Freedom eastern Med. cruise last year & absolutely loved it!! We did the following ship excursions:

Sorrento & Amalfi Drive (Naples)

Easy Athens

Best of Istanbul w/lunch at Topkai Palace

Ancient Olympia (Katakolon)

House of Virgin Mary & Ephesus (Izmir)

Beautiful Tuscany (Livorno)

We just walked around Rhodes old town on our own, but I'm thinking Freedom doesn't go there this year.

The only 2 tours we didn't care for were Athens & House of Virgin Mary & Ephesus. In Athens we were locked in a traffic jam for the entire tour. If I were going back I would read up & learn to use the subway. The tour at Ephesus was much too rushed & there wasn't time to see much, much less enjoy it.

Yes, the price listed is per person. You might try looking on your Roll Call for others who are wanting to share private tours. If I were going back, I think that is what I would do, only because I feel more confident now that I have been once. However, with the 2 exceptions I mentioned, we were quite pleased with the ship tours.

Archived