Using "Wallies" as cabin door decorations?

govtworker

I recently ran across these things called "Wallies" that you use for home decoration. They are basically wallpaper cutouts that you peel and stick to the walls in your home. I've heard of lots of people using them in apartment decorating because they easily peel right off the surface when the renter moves. They come in all kinds of designs and look pretty cool. I've heard that they stick to many types of surfaces as well.

My question: Has anyone ever used these to decorate their cabin door? If so, did you find that they worked without damaging the door?

I use a scrap book page..go to dollar stores and get cute real stickers..play with the arrangment. Get Alphabets too.. I cut up a magnetic advert biz card (go rob the side of your fridge)..cut to 4 pcs..this wont stick to doors..I use wide packing tape over it.. then use double sided tape on those 4 corners, and it peels off that for next time..you can cerainly affix your Wallies.. I have a well worn flat US post office $8.10 mailing box (free at PO)..to keep them flat in bag..also good to place the photos u buy as well as any paper goods so as not to wrinkle

Last year on our cruise, we used the wallies on the door and window. We didn't have any problems getting them off the door or window and it didn't leave any kind of mark. Hope this helps. We have already gotten our stuff for our door in July. We also decorate our window so we can see where we are when we are in port. We just taped our last name on window and used more wallies.

Last year on our cruise, we used the wallies on the door and window. We didn't have any problems getting them off the door or window and it didn't leave any kind of mark. Hope this helps. We have already gotten our stuff for our door in July. We also decorate our window so we can see where we are when we are in port. We just taped our last name on window and used more wallies.

Thanks for the info guys! I've seen lots of great ideas for door decorations, but when I saw these I immediately started thinking of all the great possibilities. My husband and I will be first time cruisers on the Victory in October and these boards are absolutely wonderful and full of information!

Archived