Galveston - Hampton Inn & Suites?

LEtue

The rates have dropped for the Hampton Inn & Suites for our July cruise. Anyone stayed here recently?

We're currently booked at the Quality Inn & Suites but the price at the Hampton is now lower and I have good luck with them in the past.

Any imput is appreciated :)

• 4 weeks later...

We are also looking at the Hampton Inn in Galveston. From what I have read, it is fairly new, but overlooks the Wal-Mart parking lot (really close if you need to pick up anything!). The worst I have heard is that staff may be rude. I called there directly myself and the staff person I talked to was very friendly. They offer free breakfast and free transportation to the port.

I don't know about this Hampton Inn but we've always had a good experience with Hampton. The hotels have always been nice and well kept. They have a fairly decent breakfast with something different every day. If you get a good price with free transportation to the cruiseport, I say go for it!

We stayed at this Hampton Inn recently. We were very happy with the place.

We just went overnight for a weekend getaway.

First room they gave us was a very nice basic room with a king size bed and a nice balcony overlooking Wal-Mart, but you can catch a glimpse of the gulf.

After unpacking DW discovered a tiny dead roach stuck to the side of the bedspread, I called the front desk and they immediately moved us to a suite, at no extra charge of course.

It's a nice and clean hotel, seems pretty new, standard continental breakfast, etc.

I can vouch for the staff being very friendly and easy to work with.

Thanks everyone for the responses! I hadn't checked the thread in a while and was glad to get some feedback.

I have always had good luck with Hampton Inns too so I think we're going to go with this hotel :D For those of you considering this hotel in the future the price on www.galveston.com was the lowest and beat even my AAA rate.....

Archived