how to upgrade???

kmavb

How do I change/upgrade my room to a larger suite??? We are traveling NCL SUN to Alaska...and are in a AD suite. But instead...I'd like to get a larger suite....as there are still some larger suites still available. Is there a way to get a good deal??? Any suggestions would be GREAT!!!

If you have a travel agent, have them call NCL and inquire about paying more for an upgrade. If not you can contact NCL, yourself. Be warned though, sometimes the lower prices are a result of a sale to fill the ship. These prices are for new bookings only. Some have reported being quoted the price difference in cabins that was enforce when they originally booked. i.e when you booked the price between a BA and AF was $300 pp, though it may be only $150pp now. If you do contact NCL, be prepared to call back several times, as one person may or may not give you what you want.

You can always ask you TA to book any available cabin at the going rate. About six weeks to a month before sailing, NCL sometimes offers "upsells" but there is no way to communicate your interest in that - they decide who gets the call.

Probably the best course is to tell your TA to keep an eye out for sales and be ready within a few weeks of sailing to make a quick decision. However, unless you are willing to book at the going rate, you cannot be certain of getting an upgrade.

I think it's just sometimes luck too. Our travel agent called us about 4 days before sailing. We had an inside cabine and he offered us an upgrade to a family suite for $150 more per person. It gave us 300 more sq feet, 2 bedrooms and a living room. I jumped on that chance because it seemed like a good deal. They were basically trying to fill the room last minute I guess. I'm not sure how it was determined we'd get the call though?

Maybe they were looking at family's of 4 in the tiny rooms and just started dialing...

How do I change/upgrade my room to a larger suite??? We are traveling NCL SUN to Alaska...and are in a AD suite. But instead...I'd like to get a larger suite....as there are still some larger suites still available. Is there a way to get a good deal??? Any suggestions would be GREAT!!!

Archived