Westen Liberty 4-12-08 any suggestions?

swain13

We are leaving in just 6 days :D for Western on Liberty. Going to Cozumel, Costa Rica, & Colon, Panama. Does anybody have any suggestions for what to do/see. After reading the ports posts, I'm considering just staying on board and enjoying the nearly empty ship.

We are leaving in just 6 days :D for Western on Liberty. Going to Cozumel, Costa Rica, & Colon, Panama. Does anybody have any suggestions for what to do/see. After reading the ports posts, I'm considering just staying on board and enjoying the nearly empty ship.

:cool: :cool: Although it was costly - we did the Panama Canal Tour (actually go through the locks, not just up to them) it was awesome. Costa Rica we did the Bus Boat Train Tour and got to see lots, it was great. Cozumel we just shopped and drank cheap beer ($1.00 Coronas). If you want more details about these tours let me know. Cindy:cool: :cool:

Relax and enjoy those four fabulous sea days! You are missing out on some great culture if you stay on the ship. Costa Rica and Panama are my two favorite ports so far. Just be prepared to book a tour to get you away from the dock area since these aren't great places to just walk off the ship and find something to do. I really love everywhere we've been in Central America - the people are sooo nice and seem to genuinely welcome you. And I wouldn't trade having seen the Panama Canal and the mountains of Costa Rica for anything. There is also a small market at the pier in Costa Rica. The first booth in the door has incredible coffee for sale - I have been searching online for more of what I bought and can't find it. It's the best coffee I've evern had and I regret only bringing back 2 pounds!

We spent the day at Playa Uvas in Cozumel - book online before you go - and had a great, relaxing all-inclusive beach day.

There is also a small market at the pier in Costa Rica. The first booth in the door has incredible coffee for sale - I have been searching online for more of what I bought and can't find it. It's the best coffee I've evern had and I regret only bringing back 2 pounds!

:cool: :cool: Oh my God - I forgot to mention the coffee. My husband picked up 4 pounds (different ones) and each one was better than the next. We use a stainless steel perculator for our coffee (no drip in our house) as we like it strong and I can't remember having such great coffee - thanks for bringing back the memory for me. Oh darn, I'll just have to take another cruise and get more.:cool:

There is also a small market at the pier in Costa Rica. The first booth in the door has incredible coffee for sale - I have been searching online for more of what I bought and can't find it. It's the best coffee I've evern had and I regret only bringing back 2 pounds!

:cool: :cool: Oh my God - I forgot to mention the coffee. My husband picked up 4 pounds (different ones) and each one was better than the next. We use a stainless steel perculator for our coffee (no drip in our house) as we like it strong and I can't remember having such great coffee - thanks for bringing back the memory for me. Oh darn, I'll just have to take another cruise and get more.:cool:

I told my husband I needed to take another cruise to Costa Rica just to get some more of that coffee!!! I'm bringing back a suitcase full next time - so good and soooo cheap!

Archived