H20 Zone Pool Depth?

Wilda

The actual H2O zone play area is only ankle deep or so in water. There is a lazy donut pool that is about 4' deep and the pool at the back part of the zone is about 5'. There are 2 hot tubs for the kids as well.

Yep it ranges. Some of the water is about 6" deep (the Baby Zone and the water spray area)

I would say the lazy donut is a little under 4" because my 48" child could stand in it.

And the back water pool goes over my head and I am 5'4. I think we discussed here before it is close to 5'8 deep.

Here, you can see some of the different areas here with some kids actually standing in them

IMG_0723.jpg

Thanks for the additional info and the picture. We just cancelled a week at the Grand Floridian and decided to take a cruise on Liberty instead, so I'm trying to convince myself that we did the right thing! So information on pool depth and other trivial matters is easing my mind that we made the right call:)

Thanks for the additional info and the picture. We just cancelled a week at the Grand Floridian and decided to take a cruise on Liberty instead, so I'm trying to convince myself that we did the right thing! So information on pool depth and other trivial matters is easing my mind that we made the right call:)

You cancelled the Grand Floridian :eek: , are you crazy????

HAHAHAHA just kidding ;) . Actually we did the exact opposite. We had to cancel our Liberty cruise (was suppose to leave in 2 weeks) and booked Disney Wilderness Lodge for 8 days in September.

Ours was a scheduling conflict though. Believe me, I would much rather be on the Liberty.

I know, I know, I know! We have a 40% pin code attached to our name at Disney and I can't even tell you what a DEAL we got with the GF......but we have been to Disney 2 years in a row (BWI and AKL) and just needed a change.

Not to mention that even with the 40% at the GF, our cruise on LOS in December is less money. We considered DCL for about a nanosecond once we saw the pricing structure for a Cat 6:eek: . LOS looked very attractive after that!

OMG, you cancelled GF with a 40% Pin Code!? OMG, OMG!!!

Seriously, we do Disney 2-3 times a year and started cruising with the kids last November on Liberty. They had such a great time that they decided we needed to cruise again just last month for our spring break. Of course, since I booked the cream of the crop for our first cruise, the Mariner was not as much fun since the H2O zone and the Flowrider were the 2 best things under the sun.

We're doing Disney in August (Beach Club Villas) and again in November (for Teachers Convention here in NJ - Saratoga Springs villa), then we'll go for our spring break next year (we were supposed to cruise Independence with friends we met on Liberty, but our breaks didn't match up) and then we're waiting for summer 09 rates to come out so that we can book Liberty or Freedom for our end of summer vacation.

I can certainly agree with you about DCL. While it's a great liine, it's often twice the price of RCI and with older kids (mine are now 10 and 5.5) they're okay to leave their Disney fixes for the parks.

Oh, Michelle, have you stayed at WL before? We just love it and hoped to switch our November studios over to the villas but nothing is available at this point. Still hoping to waitlist and move over there, since we're travelling with friends and while my boys and I are veterans, our friends are not and I think VWL will be a better choice overall.

Too funny! I can spot a fellow DISboarder a mile away;) We are all so accustomed to the acronym's that are used on that board, it's our own little secret code!

We really struggled with this one, because the GF is on the monorail and we've never stayed at a MK resort. Loved, loved, loved the BWI-location is just the best for walking to Epcot and MGM. AKL was great for the theming although it is somewhat remote (we were there during "Jersey Week"). And would like to do WL at some point in the future (it is my secret goal to stay in all of the deluxes). But the GF reservation in September just wasn't working for us.

Having said that, we do want to expose our grandson to more than WDW; we'll give this a shot. Hopefully there will be another 40% pin code waiting for us next year:)

I completely understand the whole Mariner/Liberty situation. We realize that it may be difficult to manage expectations of future trips after going on the newest ship with all of the bells and whistle's. But since we're the grandparents, we'll let his mom and dad worry about that! But the Mariner is no slouch- ahhh, kid's these days;)

Oh, Michelle, have you stayed at WL before? We just love it and hoped to switch our November studios over to the villas but nothing is available at this point. Still hoping to waitlist and move over there, since we're travelling with friends and while my boys and I are veterans, our friends are not and I think VWL will be a better choice overall.

Yep we stay at WL every year. :D I just can't bring myself to do any other now. I've stayed at Boardwalk Villas, AKL and just a few months ago, Swan/Dolphin (just one night pre-cruise because I couldn't get into WL)

We don't stay at the WLV though, but I know where they are. ;) My friends like to stay there. I usually stick us at WL in a courtyard room so I can watch the geyser. This year I switched to woods view so I am holding my breath that our view is good.

IMG_0723.jpg

Is this section in the foreground the "baby splash zone" that is swim diaper friendly, or is that a different section. If its a different section does anyone have a pic of that particular area? Secondly, I know this area exists on FOS and LOS, but will is also be on IOS? Looking for next summer with a 15 month old. Thanks!

Is this section in the foreground the "baby splash zone" that is swim diaper friendly, or is that a different section. If its a different section does anyone have a pic of that particular area? Secondly, I know this area exists on FOS and LOS, but will is also be on IOS? Looking for next summer with a 15 month old. Thanks!

No that area is not suppose to be for diapered infants.

This is the Baby Zone. And yes, IOS is suppose to have one

FOScopy.jpg

You rock!!!!

Aprox water depth here?

A few inches, not much more. It has a animal water spray that drizzles water into the area. On Freedom it was weird looking bird on the left hand side of the pic. On LOS there is a different one. IOS will probably be different as well.

Yep we stay at WL every year. :D I just can't bring myself to do any other now. I've stayed at Boardwalk Villas, AKL and just a few months ago, Swan/Dolphin (just one night pre-cruise because I couldn't get into WL)

We don't stay at the WLV though, but I know where they are. ;) My friends like to stay there. I usually stick us at WL in a courtyard room so I can watch the geyser. This year I switched to woods view so I am holding my breath that our view is good.

We love WL. We own DVC at Saratoga Springs but try to shift over to VWL whenever possible. We did a long weekend at BWV for my older son's birthday last year and in August, we're staying at BCV for the first time. My only problem with these studios at SS is that it's me and my 2 boys, my boss/coworker and her 2 boys (1 of which will be 2 yo) and her babysitter and son. So with so many people, it would be easier to be able to take the boat over to MK rather than either driving every time or taking Disney transportation.

I'm waitlisted for the 2 studios and we'll just wait and see what happens. It's still about 7 months out so I'm hoping that something opens up. If it were for BW or BC I'd say no, since this is the end of F&WF week.

I think you'll like the woods view. You might really only have a woods view and nothing else, so hopefully that won't bother you.

I think you'll like the woods view. You might really only have a woods view and nothing else, so hopefully that won't bother you.

No, not at all. That would be fine with me. I am trying to figure out how people get the END rooms that overlook the lake. I have never seen it as an option.

No, not at all. That would be fine with me. I am trying to figure out how people get the END rooms that overlook the lake. I have never seen it as an option.

If you're lucky you'll get one of the woods view rooms that can see the castle through the trees (I loved watching the castle change colors as we went to sleep).

Thanks for the pictures of the H20 zone. We'll be on the Liberty in August with our 2 boys, 5 and 7 (it's only our second cruise... last year we were on the Wonder). We usually do WDW with the kids, so this is a major change for us :)

If you're lucky you'll get one of the woods view rooms that can see the castle through the trees (I loved watching the castle change colors as we went to sleep).

Yes THAT's the one! How did you get THAT room????? Did you put in a request or is it just the luck of the draw?

njmomof2 - OK you have to give me an explanation of the DVC for a friend of mine (on another board). She just emailed me and said that she was approached to buy into DVC and she wanted to know if she should. Any advice for her? Thanks!!!!

Yes THAT's the one! How did you get THAT room????? Did you put in a request or is it just the luck of the draw?

Actually, it was total luck of the draw... we were upgraded from standard view to this view on check-in. I would recommend putting in a request.

Archived